Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Funny coincidence I'm a motorcyclist too. Or at least I was before kids came around.
    As you have the full membership for now agree to make the most of it and if you go regularly then you will make progress.

On the Gecko forgot to ask is it new or used?

If new I would consider the 146 purely on the basis that it needs to last longer due to the investment.
    If though you've found a decent deal for a used 156 then go for it. You will outgrow it faster but then you can just sell it on and move down.

Hi Andy, it was me looking at the Gecko. Thanks for the advice, it will be new so maybe the 146 is the way to go.... I was just slightly concerned about dropping too much volume from the Rio M which is what I am used to as I wouldn't want to dent my confidence by finding it too much of a struggle. The 146 also has no option of a daggerboard - How important are they for the beginner/intermediate? Lots to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2205 View Post
    Hi Andy, it was me looking at the Gecko. Thanks for the advice, it will be new so maybe the 146 is the way to go.... I was just slightly concerned about dropping too much volume from the Rio M which is what I am used to as I wouldn't want to dent my confidence by finding it too much of a struggle. The 146 also has no option of a daggerboard - How important are they for the beginner/intermediate? Lots to think about!
    Sorry what a wolly.
    Will reply in your main post