Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

South Coast Surfing (Fri 16th Dec)

Slightly off topic but there's a thumping swell with light/offshore wind forecast this Friday. Thinking K Bay might be worth a visit but MSW currently has it as 7-10ft with a 18 sec period. Sounds like this will be too big (for me) on the ledges/bench (if they are even working). Does anyone know if the inside of the Bay will offer safer options? Alternatively does anyone know if Highcliffe/Bournemouth (forecast at a more manageable 4-7ft) will be any good at this size? Assuming if none of these options are viable I can hopefully fall back on a 2-4ft session at The Witterings...

How about a road trip:

http://magicseaweed.com/Nazare-Surf-Report/194/

Considering taking a 1/2 day for witterings myself...
    Going to interviews, hence wind is back. In case you were wondering...

FOR SALE:
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. 80

PM me for more details/pics.

I noticed the long period swell on Friday too.
    For the Southeast, it's supposed to be a 17 second period but small at, 2-3ft.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, 490, Nuevo 73 2013 550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here contact via the weather thread!

I've surfed in the bay at about chest high when it's been bonkers mast plus on the ledges and more on the bench. Walling up a km or more out. The outer reefs of the bay take the sting out of it and you surf the reform. It'll be heaving though if the forecast is big. Worth going to watch the good guys on the bench.

The further towards Sandbanks you go in Bournemouth Bay the smaller things get. If the directions SWly it'll wrap in all the way down with that period and wavelength. I'd try BDC and depending on how it looks go west or east for bigger or smaller or less close out. I've SUPed it head high there once and it was a pretty evil paddle out.

High tide is 12.30pm. Does West Witts work at high tide?

Quote Originally Posted by boards_SamF View Post
    Slightly off topic but there's a thumping swell with light/offshore wind forecast this Friday. Thinking K Bay might be worth a visit but MSW currently has it as 7-10ft with a 18 sec period. Sounds like this will be too big (for me) on the ledges/bench (if they are even working). Does anyone know if the inside of the Bay will offer safer options? Alternatively does anyone know if Highcliffe/Bournemouth (forecast at a more manageable 4-7ft) will be any good at this size? Assuming if none of these options are viable I can hopefully fall back on a 2-4ft session at The Witterings...
    Thinking the same thing - witterings, highcliffe or k-bay. I'm going for k-bay. Should be ok inside the bay. If not an 18 sec swell will be worth it just to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by tim319 View Post
    High tide is 12.30pm. Does West Witts work at high tide?
    yes it will work in any tide state. As you work your way back east - Joliffe Road, East Witts, Bracklesham the more dumpy and challenginbg high tide becomes.