Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    Considering taking a 1/2 day for witterings myself...
    Which half?
    Tempted by bench.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

Quote Originally Posted by rt22 View Post
    yes it will work in any tide state. As you work your way back east - Joliffe Road, East Witts, Bracklesham the more dumpy and challenginbg high tide becomes.
    Thanks. I tend to got to Bracklesham, but it only seems to work a couple of hours before/after high tide.

Thanks for responses and input on KBay. Still undecided butveering towards a gentleman's surf at the Wittering's and then doing KBay onsat. As much as I'd like to see 6-9ft KBay firing I think the inside/reformoption will be super busy (with longboarders/SUP's most likely to be taking allthe waves). Highcliffe still an option but reckon there will be quite a lot ofpaddling if its 4ft+ and possibly quite dumpy/close outs? (I've onlysurfed/windsurfed there twice so not much experience). Am I right in thinkingMSW forecasts are relatively reliable for KBay? (given the South Coast can bemore fickle). Worst case scenario I get to the Wittering's where its 2ft maxbut find out KBay is a more manageable height (ie less than 6ft-9ft)

ps not sure what happened to the spacing on above post

Quote Originally Posted by boards_SamF View Post
    Slightly off topic but there's a thumping swell with light/offshore wind forecast this Friday. Thinking K Bay might be worth a visit but MSW currently has it as 7-10ft with a 18 sec period. Sounds like this will be too big (for me) on the ledges/bench (if they are even working). Does anyone know if the inside of the Bay will offer safer options? Alternatively does anyone know if Highcliffe/Bournemouth (forecast at a more manageable 4-7ft) will be any good at this size? Assuming if none of these options are viable I can hopefully fall back on a 2-4ft session at The Witterings...
    Both the Bench and the Ledges handle a big swell and are relatively safe - I've surfed there for 30 years+ and have only been bounced off the bottom twice (both at Supertubes). If you're windsurfing the bay holds a big swell and at worst you get washed onto the beach with all the power taken out of the waves so it's fairly gentle.

The best option would probably be 'Yellow Ledges' which is a bit of a paddle but can be an amazing wave or if it's big enough 'middle lefts' - I'll let you discover that yourself!!

Swell has arrived and looking very good considering it's low tide in shingleshire . Should get 3ft here, proper surf beaches will be pumping.Hang loose mother goose!

If MSWs showing SWly at Kbay it'll get in. Check the bouy out in the channel approaches (can't remember its name) to see what that's recording. Also if the Bournemouth beach cams got proper lines, not the usual pier rubbish, kbay will be on.