Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Did anyone get out - went to K-bay early doors but very chunky and fat with lots of white water - couldn't muster the energy to go out so headed back east. Stopped at Highcliffe but it was booming and only 1 guy out - everyone else sat on the beach. Eventually got to Steamer point and went out - I wouldn't say it was a classic session but good to get out.

It was good on the push here in Hove for dawn patrol surfing – but I had a look and then had to work.

I went to get in on the drop but the wave size had gone. It was such a big tide that the High Water timing blocked most of the day at my beach. So it was a bit disappointing after such a build up of expectations.

Late edit:
    Having seen the pics on Facebook, should've gone to Bracklesham – although I didn't have the time.
    Last edited by basher; 16th December 2016 at 05:13 PM.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    It was good on the push here in Hove for dawn patrol surfing but I had a look and then had to work.

I went to get in on the drop but the wave size had gone. It was such a big tide that the High Water timing blocked most of the day at my beach. So it was a bit disappointing after such a build up of expectations.

Late edit:
    Having seen the pics on Facebook, should've gone to Bracklesham although I didn't have the time.
    Where were the bracklesham pics on facebook? - would love to see them (if only for comparison)

Quote Originally Posted by rt22 View Post
    Where were the bracklesham pics on facebook? - would love to see them (if only for comparison)

https://www.facebook.com/mellowwave/...20?pnref=story
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

Today was Friday? I thought it was Thursday. ********.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

I headed towards Bournemouth, checking Highcliffe enroute, which was sizable but dumpy. Ended up having one session at Boscombe pier before a second one at Bournemouth Pier. Fun to get out and try somewhere different. Fingers crossed for an early doors KBay session tmrw

K bay got better and better as the tide dropped. Cleaner and less lumpy. Still 3x overhead in the bay though, and breaking top to bottom.
    Much bigger on the ledges. Biggest I have ever seen it.

I was out 11-3pm hiding in the reform.

rare to see short boards being used in the bay.

photo of the conditions just before sunset by which time it had really mellowed out. Zoom in to see someone on the wave.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/54335742@N00/shares/
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016