Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuerteventura xmas

I'm in Fuerte for xmas. Anyone else there? Long range already looks promising... fingers crossed for some xmas day dtl.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

Just saw the forecast!!! Already started to prepare the family for a possible escape if the forecast keeps up the next days. Let's hope the tickets don't become much more expensive....
    I'll let you know if we get there. Have fun!
    48 years young @ 83kg.

WitchCraft Wave HDD 83l + K4 Stubby 14cm + K4 Ezzy 2º 12cm
    WitchCraft Flextail CBC 90l + K4 Stubby 15cm + K4 Ezzy 2º 14cm
    RRD Wassup 9'0" Classic V3 + K4 Flex 14cm + K4 Future 10cm
    Ezzy sails and masts from 3.7m to 5.2m - Tecnolimits XTR

I'm off to Tenerife. Can't bring myself to look yet!
    2016 - 2x El Med, 2x Marazion, 2x Ile de Re, 2x Hayling = 8
    2015-15

Yep, the forecast looks promising, but it's a been a bit unreliable lately, so vamos a ver. We had some unusual swell on Saturday - long period 2.5m from somewhere North. Fuerte must have been interesting. I noticed that Moulay had 4.5m waves for that day on Windguru! but no wind. The wind here was switching a lot in direction and strength - gusts of 38 knots, then down to 15 knots etc I had to use my big board with a 4.7m and was alternately overpowered and underpowered all day. First proper day for weeks though.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday Rod & Martin (see you on the beach) ... and Happy X-mas Surfing to everyone
    -----------------------------
    ps check out our wooftastic books: Nobody's Poodle and just published: Somebody's Doodle
    and our musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef

We had 3 days of sailing but it was a bit up and down with the wind and rain squalls coming over. I sailed Punta Blanca friday which was huge and messi on the outside but nice and clean on the inside and the next day went to Glass Beach for a change (very unusual for the time of the year to sail there) but people were also sailing at Lobos, Flag Beach and Puerto Lajas as the north swell came through pretty much everywhere. So with 5 spots working it was pretty uncrowded. It was unusually cold as well, after my session on saturday it said 14°C air temperature.... and I saw some kiter in shorts..... (without a wetsuit underneath that is) The water ist still around 20°C I´d say. When the wind turns east it will get warmer again.
    Bouke
    Witchcraft Windsurfing Fuerteventura

Yep it's been a bit chilly here as well - first time I had to wear my winter suit (3/2 long arms & legs) since last winter. Forecast is still looking promising from Wednesday 21st through Christmas and I hope to be windsurfing on X-mas day in a shortie again
    -----------------------------
    ps check out our wooftastic books: Nobody's Poodle and just published: Somebody's Doodle
    and our musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef

It's funny that Rexi was saying it was warm at 4c in Iceland and you guys are calling it chilly.