Severne Blade vs. Blade Pro

Hi!

How are the Blade and Blade pro different performance and feel wise? If you do not look at cost and durability, but only feel and performance, is the Blade pro better or are there sailors who would be better of with the Blade?
    Last edited by Asle; 16th December 2016 at 04:35 PM.

There's quite a lot on the two types in this thread here:

Severne 2015 Pro Model - Page 13

http://forums.boards.co.uk/showthread.php/73585-Severne-2015-Pro-Model#fvQdadCvEyzmzxGd.97

(Hope those links work)

I have both, and the basics are that the two sails are quite different. The Pro Blade is a gutsy powerful sail, perhaps best for cross on conditions, and developed for Koster. Whereas the standard Blade is lighter in the hands in term of its 'neutralness' and has amazing top end, giving it a slightly better wind range. The standard Blade probably suits cross off conditions better.

I like both, but tend towards the Blade Pro feel because I sail cross on beaches. Some tests like the original Boardseeker one found many sailors preferred the standard sails over the pro version.

The pro versions are physically light but with gutsy pull so they have better bottom end and matching a pro blade with a lightweight mast makes the total rig weight super light to help get you going earlier when the wind is marginal.
    Now back in the UK.

Thanks!

Yes, the links work perfect!