Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Oooh.
    Check out windguru for next week.
    Not so good on the lunchtime update. Surely we deserve some SW wind between Xmas and New Year?

We still have wind for the next three days of course. Who can get out on Xmas Day?
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, 490, Nuevo 73 2013 550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here contact via the weather thread!

What's the plan for today. Shoreham or Hove? I guess it depends on how much South there is, but it's looking more SSW on the BBC, so maybe Shoreham after lunch...

A lot of people are going to Shoreham from about 11am. It's probably a bit too onshore for Hove, although maybe sailable there over low water.

It's about 22mph so far (at 9am) and that will increase a lot, but the waves aren't here yet.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, 490, Nuevo 73 2013 550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here contact via the weather thread!

Waiting till later in hope of a bit more West in the wind.

I was planning to sail on Xmas day somewere as Im on me todd. BUT.... I now got the bloody Flu, Brilliant

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for the first time in a long time, probably lunchtime at Shoreham or Hove. XCWeather looks promising... but BigSalty says only 15 knots peak average! Fingers crossed... Any insight anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by philwhite View Post
    I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for the first time in a long time, probably lunchtime at Shoreham or Hove. XCWeather looks promising... but BigSalty says only 15 knots peak average! Fingers crossed... Any insight anyone?
    I've noticed for my local spot that half the forecasts have consistently been saying 12-15 knots for tomorrow (Saturday) and the other half 20+. What I normally do in that situation is check the day before to see which one's accurate and the stronger wind forecast has been bang on for today, so that'd be my best guess for tomorrow, but it remains a guess! Sadly I've just been given family stuff to do so won't make it out :-(