Monday 9th January

At last, some wind in 2017. Evening Hill in Poole Harbour as the tide was 0.9 - 1.4m which means nice flat water but not so shallow you are worried about running aground so long as you sail further out from the side as the tide goes out. The sandbank in between the 2 main channels was too shallow to sail over at 1 point though. The forecast was looking good so I rigged 6.5m Ezzy Lion even though it wasnt that windy to start, the first 45 minutes was a waste of time as the wind dipped a bit. I should have waited an hour and I'd have had a better session but the forecast of heavy rain later (which didnt arrive, it was only light rain) made me launch earlier. Hindsight is wonderful. When the tide stopped flowing so fast I sailed up to Baiter Park where it was a bit windier but choppier although there it does form more orderly lines. Very mild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109GPS.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	14768

I had a nice session at West Wittering. 5.2 and freestyle board, with the wind gradually increasing. Mild weather but rainy.

Managed to make a few duck tacks in the straps, so I'm closer to my Switch Kono goal.

Fun times at kimmeridge. Blown off the water with my 5.3 at around 3pm. Everyone else was on 4.7 by then. Waves got better and better as the tide pushed and wind increased.
    The wind was too onshore for it ever to be really good, but a nice way to start sailing in 2017.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016