Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Yeti

Skoda Yeti

Been looking at one as a second car seem to have lots of load space with seats folded down for a relatively small car. Anybody had experience of them, driving, reliability, carrying kit etc?

Not had one for carrying kit but have driven them. A number of colleagues have them as their company car and all rave about them. Bear in mind most of these people could have an Audi Q5 or other over priced badge well within their allowance and it may say something about how much they like the Yeti, or maybe they would rather drive a SKODA than be an 'Audi' driver....

Main fault I have heard of is the indicator stick failing, other than that not a lot has gone wrong with any of them.
    Last edited by phill104; 17th January 2017 at 08:32 PM.

No experience of the Yeti, but had a few Octavia's. Skoda get the kit after the rest of the VW posh badges, so I find it's something of a sweet spot: proven, but not out of date. I've had a total of 3 Octavia's now and just one fault needing garage attention. The Skoda brief is more about practical than toys and I think that helps with making a car that's easy to live with. It's surprising just how much kit I have managed to get into my estate when I couldn't decide what the wind was going to do!

As for the Yeti itself - well, it always gets good reviews, so I'd say a safe bet allround.
    My Flickr Windsurf collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bsideth...7622592103903/
    Hayling Windsurf & Kitesurf Photographers: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1993863@N23/

The Yeti has an optional fold forward front seat back, which would be useful if you want to get long stuff inside (e.g. boards). Presumably a lot of those on the second hand market won't have that. You can take the back seats out completely but they are heavy and you have to store them somewhere. Useful for a two-up camping holiday, maybe.

The main criticism of the Yeti seems to be ride - jiggly - and not too refined engines. Some cars around 2010 had rust problems on the doors and wheel arches due to a galvanising cock-up.

The models and engines are a bit bizarre. Currently only two engines - 1.2 turbo petrol or 2 litre diesel in two power levels, though the 1.2 is apparently quite pokey. You can only get 4 wheel drive with the diesel. Two styles - school run, and rufty tufty plastic trim. There is a 1.4 petrol which is 150 bhp but only available in a pricey L&K version with a brown interior. A new model is due so maybe some bargains to be had. They'll probably ruin a great idea, but the new one might be a lot better on fuel and emissions.

I've been looking at getting one myself but am hanging on to my Octavia while I wait to see which way car development and government policy jumps.

Thanks need a 4x4 for the rural aprts of south devon where it will live and quite attracted by its small exterior dimensions unlike evrything else. We will buying S/H. Better go and have a closer look at one judging by these favourable reports. The other vehicle that gets highly recommended in the smaller 4x4 category is the Honda CRV.

Its ugly as sin and no matter how many Beetle bits you put inside, it's still a Skoda.
    Second hand CRV all day long.

Citroen Cactus is the little one that appeals to me if I lived nearer a beach.
    2016 - 2x El Med, 2x Marazion, 2x Ile de Re, 2x Hayling = 8
    2015-15