Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Weather beginning of Feb

Looks like some wind at last. Cross shore, & waves on the Island tomorrow. Maybe a bit of rain.

It's here!
    The wind drought ends with a boom.......

mmm.... bolt onshore, then skunk. Not that much of a boom if you are in the SE!

Probably a better option to look for the offshore/light wind bits and go for a surf! I'm keeping an eye on sunday...
    Going to interviews, hence wind is back. In case you were wondering...

FOR SALE:
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. 80

PM me for more details/pics.

It would appear that the jet stream is bringing the lows further south than normal so we are getting the upper edge of them and these s and se winds. It's just not been playing ball this winter. The only time it goes westerly is after dark on Friday, it could well be good at some point but with the situation changing so quickly it will be hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy360 View Post
    Looks like some wind at last. Cross shore, & waves on the Island tomorrow. Maybe a bit of rain.
    Well, there were waves at least, but if someone could lend me a service revolver I'll retire, & do the only honorable thing left for me.

I went down to Sandbanks first and it was cross-on, windy and messy waves. Nobody else around so I went in the harbour. 4.5m on 83l wave board as it was very choppy. I should have used the Cross 90l FSW as it was so gusty. Massive 0.5m tidal surge had the water bouncing off the harbour walls. No rain, quite sunny early afternoon. I went back to Sandbanks later on and the wind had dropped and there were cleaner waves.

Tomorrow looks windier, more rain, colder. SE so bang onshore at Sandbanks.