Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy360 View Post
    X off, & big waves forecast tomorrow! Just maybe.
    Bingo!

Come on Paddy, give us some more details, the rest if us need some scraps to read about , these are desperate times!

EDIT.
    Or was it really bingo, that could be my new sport.

at least looking a decent small surf today/tomorrow into next week. Anyone heading to Brackelsham or Joliffe Rd?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie.T View Post
    Come on Paddy, give us some more details, the rest if us need some scraps to read about , these are desperate times!

EDIT.
    Or was it really bingo, that could be my new sport.
    More details would mean me confessing that I didn't go out till late in the day, when the swell had dropped a lot, & also I went out with a kite!

Cross shore At Brook. At 1.00 the waves were as big as I've seen for some time, some braking nearly a mile out. I guess 4.7 wind, a bit gusty. I think Jason rigged a windsurfer, but not sure if he went out. When I went out at 4.00 the waves were about mast hi, & better spaced, so you could pick out a nice one to ride. Wind was about the same.

Shame it got dark, though the wind went NW after dark.

I did go out on Friday at Evening Hill but wished I hadn't bothered. It just turned into a muscle-wrenching session resulting in cramp. The Parkstone meter was showing it swinging rapidly between 17 & 33 knots. It was frustrating as it's the first time out since before Xmas, & SE is usually my favourite direction down at that end of the harbour.
    Loose - the opposite of tight. Lose - the one that's pronounced 'looze'.