Thread: Sunglasses

Sunglasses

Anyone use sunglasses and can help me with two problems. I bought these http://oceanglasses.com/Europe/austr...unglasses.html

1. I wear a Gath helmet and it presses the side arms into my head above my ears which get uncomfortable. Maybe I should have bought glasses with the fabric retainer band that replaces the arms.

2. After sailing for a couple of hours (helmet removed) the inside got coated in grease which i can only assume is suntan cream. I crashed into water a few times but cannot think how thye got greased. Any ideas an how to avoid.

PS polarised lenses do help reduce glare, but a strange sensation when moving head and the reduction in glare changes.

I think point 1 is just about choosing sunglasses with proper sports arms. For example most people use sunglasses for mtb/road bike and use a helmet.

Re point 2. A waterproof suncream or block should not run but if you suffer from sweat ( not really a problem in the UK!) from your forehead running down into your eyes etc then that can get on the specs. A headband is probably all you can do to stop that.

I wear sunglalles windsurfing sometimes in the summer...mostly if the sun is low. I treat both sides of the lens with rainx after cleaner them with lens cleaner. The cleaner the lens and the more hydro phobic the coating the less likely you will get any problems.

In Greece I use sunglasses with arms that swap for an elastic band. Got them from amazon: Ladgecom All-Weather Sunglasses & Goggles with Head Strap for Cycling, Running & Ski Sports

Oakley do a hydrophobic coating in a pot that you reapply every time you clean them. Not sure how usedul it is.

........its probably Rainx..except its 150 a bottle!

And make sure they are shork resistant
    Writing nonsense on tinternet since 1842.