Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by loyo2 View Post
    so lets see today it shows a bit better again, but for me might be too late to get in on Saturday :/ landing at 5pm
    @SB, is there some good/recommended launch spot with parking?
    if your plane is on time you should about mange to get at least an hour of windsurfing - it gets dark after 7pm now.

Best place to park and launch is on the road near to Cabezo beach. As you drive into Medano from the TF1 take the first main road to the left (just after the crossroads with a boat!) and follow it down to the sea. You'll see a big car park there with lots of vans etc.

Then Sunday looks OK, Monday with big kit ... + some more NEly wind from Friday 24th - leaves Tuesday to Thursday to go biking.
    -----------------------------
    ps check out our wooftastic books: Nobody's Poodle and just published: Somebody's Doodle
    and our musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef

What sort of wetsuit's needed at the moment?
    Loose - the opposite of tight. Lose - the one that's pronounced 'looze'.

Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    What sort of wetsuit's needed at the moment?
    I have been wearing a 3/2(mostly 2mm) shortie which is OK sailing but chilly standing to chat or waiting out a lull. I alos have a 4/3 full which is usually too hot

Yep, same for me. I much prefer a shortie (3/2 good one) because it's so much easier for an old bloke like me to put on and off. But it's too chilly some of the time (eg when it's cloudy and/or with wind chill) and then I use a 3/2 long arm / long leg suit. A 3/2 short arm suit would be the best choice for just one suit.
    ps check out our wooftastic books: Nobody's Poodle and just published: Somebody's Doodle

Thanks both.
    Loose - the opposite of tight. Lose - the one that's pronounced 'looze'.

quick update:
    - 18th would be great, if I would made it on time
    - 19th, great day with 5.5, would be still ok with 4.7, but I wanted enough power close to the beach
    - 20th seen many sailors with a bit bigger sails (looked like bigger), I started to explore the island. looking great

thxn for all the tips

Glad that you had a good day on Sunday loyo. Shame that you missed Saturday, it was my best day for quite a while. Most of the people planing on Monday were the pro slalom racers and they probably had 8m's or bigger etc

The island is fantastic to explore ... I suggest Masca, Chinyero (I was biking there today), Teide + las Canadas, Oratava valley, Anaga region (far north).