Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

El Mdano Banter thread

So, in the light of recent moanings about "housekeeping"* ... here's a thread to put all the local banter, news, weather forecasts, HWIFY reports etc

(* housekeeping = drudgery = the opposite of why we all windsurf ... anyway, happy now Basher?)
    -----------------------------
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

OK, so what's happening here then? Que passa amigos? Any more run ins with Ogres? or Trolls ()? Forecast is looking good through till Tuesday, when of course a couple of people I know are coming out with big groups and currently the wind looks like going pear shaped However, we have had plenty of action in the last few days - I've sailed every day since Saturday and I need a rest today ... but as I write this the wind is blowing F6 again, despite a poor forecast for today. Tomorrow there's 30 knots on Mucho Viento so I still think I should keep some energy in the tank.
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!

Hi SB, i am out with colins lot next week so mucho excited !! just seen what i think is a few pictures of you on dave white k63 facebook page, tushy rock, rrd , amazing technique !! must be you ? cheers john.

Oh cheers John ... I haven't seen them yet, but I saw Dave there with a ginormous lens (probably cost a year's wages for anyone living here!). I know several people coming next week and i was trying not to be gloomy about the forecast, but then I just refreshed Windguru and saw a whole load of wind for Saturday the 11th, you might have to be patient before then. Colin is a brilliant coach / motivator btw.

yes forcast is a little weird but apparently according to WG there is no wind today ? but looks about a force 6 on web cams !! Going to bring a bigger board i think. looking forward to exploring el med!

Yes, there is a bit more wind today than the forecast, but I think it will drop this afternoon. Take a look at this realtime wind meter it refreshes every five minutes, and changes colour for different Beaufort strengths. Blue (F5) = 5.2m Brown = 4.7m for me etc ... I'm having a rest today since I sailed five days in a row and tomorrow is forecast 30 knots!

for no wind days there is plenty to do: SUP, surfing, biking (Mtb and road bikes), exploring the island by car or hiking etc

Quote Originally Posted by Silicon Beach View Post

(* housekeeping = drudgery = the opposite of why we all windsurf ... anyway, happy now Basher?)
    Honestly, all the time you indulge him, you embolden him, how few of us does it have to be posting here before he finally 'gets it'? This place is not his domain it's not run by him we don't come here to watch decent folk be lectured by him, all it does is drive us away for increasingly long periods.