Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    More than likely your right.

Keep the interesting stuff coming SB ;-)
    Powered by..Juice Boardsports

No more ogres SB. All locals since encountered have been very friendly. Last night the local bar manager even let one of our party take control of the music; switching off the reggae music and putting Rolf Harris on instead.

As you say, the wind has delivered above expectations this morning and still seems to be going. I'm beginning to regret packing up for lunch.

Colin and Marco are indeed doing a great job of running the course. They're a good double act. The real addition to the course format this year is the use of drones. Both Colin & Whitey have brought one along and they're amazing. I hadn't realised they can now recognise someone, lock onto them and follow them around with the camera. They seem to have no trouble coping with the wind and even hold station in the gusts. Kite lines do seem to be a bit of a threat to their safe navigation though and that's limited their use a little. Hopefully drones will soon come with kite line cutter blades
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Re drones ... Nice clip of Bartek (manager at TWS) at Cabezo from Colin's drone:

https://www.facebook.com/bartekjanko...2899039537166/

Glad you got some wind this morning TF. Must have been on a big sail? No more breakages hopefully?

Hope to see you on the water / beach tomorrow. If the forecast is correct I'll be on my 3.7m in the afternoon!
    -----------------------------
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    ...... All locals since encountered have been very friendly. Last night the local bar manager even let one of our party take control of the music; switching off the reggae music and putting Rolf Harris on instead.

That's got to be a bit worrying.
    Now back in the UK.

Yes, I think that needs a bit more explanation TF (speaking as a bit of a Bob Marley fan). I never was a fan of wobble boards and "tying my kangaroo down" etc, but the recent turn of events in Rolf Harris' life / revelations of his past is definitely "a bit worrying"

ps (more importantly) weird the way the forecasts have been coming out recently. On the last iteration, MuchoViento has, well, mucho viento (30 - 40 knots) for tomorrow afternoon, but not Windguru, which only has about 20. And any further ahead seems to oscillate between windy / not windy before settling onto a mean / average between them.
    Last edited by Silicon Beach; 2nd March 2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

Banned
    Word from the speed strip and peeling beauties, Basher is right and good for our sportive Fantastic(an that's not mentioning all the doorstepping business). Anyone but especially Basher inspires the masses especially here on a night before a storm. Why can't we just appreciate all that is well and just with the forum and start wars with our nearest neighbours?...sad but true...#foodfirst