Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    This morning (Friday) was OK - 4.7m and 82l twin, planing most of the time and I hit the sweet spot for the tide at the wall, and the waves were a bit better than recently.Then from about 1:30 the wind went stupidly unstable - possibly it shifted a bit too far north. Anyway, from then on it was very hard work. However, it's great craic having a few British windsurfers here to talk to - a very friendly bunch they are.

Tomorrow isn't a great forecast, but Sunday and Monday look OK. Then after Tuesaday it's currently looking a bit sh1t for the next groups coming out (sorry Kelvin ).
    Last edited by Silicon Beach; 3rd March 2017 at 05:17 PM.
    -----------------------------
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

And I got a tour of SB's garage (thanks SB). Now to me, 'garage' suggested something with an up-and-over door that would just about fit a Renault Clio. This is more like a whole windsurfing centre concealed in a secret bunker. There are several rows of sails hanging from the ceiling on an ingenious hooks-on-lines-on-a-sliding-curtain-track-sort-of-thing system. Boards stored in something between wardrobes and old school swimming pool changing cubicles. Showers too. I suspect they've got a Jacuzzi in there somewhere as well. And a cocktail bar, prabably.

SB has described the conditions well enough. I had a bit of an OK sail on a 5.3 then underpowered on a 5.7. Oddly though the wind has come in now we're at the G&T stage of the day. Sadly I missed the best conditions due to TWS slovenliness. I started on a 5.3 Banzai. I'd had a 5.7 Banzai out yesterday and it was a cracking sail. The 5.3 I went out on sailed like a dog. I couldn't tune it properly so got Colin on the case, who quickly agreed it was dog-like and spotted it was on the wrong mast. One mast change later the sail worked as it was supposed to. Well, almost. However I'd missed the sweet spot of the day. Several of us have had sessions spoiled by crappily rigged sails and I'd really advise anyone using TWS to check their rigs carefully. The centre has top-notch kit, they're really helpful and nice to deal with, but they let themselves down by sending out some rigs in a state that I've never encountered at any other centre I've sailed.

Then the wind dropped, I shifted up to a 5.7, but got sick of bogging and pumping and not planing, so quit.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Maybe BYO (bring your own kit) next time TF, and join us in 'El Garaje'? We could do with a few more English voices & humour in there. Might see you guys out and about this evening (we'll be in the Italian place in the red square - fantastic pasta in there).
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

Maybe the wind that didn't turn up today will turn up tomorrow

Being on the wrong island I should perhaps not comment but distinguishing between badly rigged kit and gusty winds isn't trivial. Pozo's been a waiting game. My foto shoot with Pons went south yesterday due to flukey wind. Then finally this afternoon around two o'clock I scored good conditions and got lucky with the waves. After which I started running around like stupid asking for someone to take photos. Then went out again in what had since turned into pretty hairy unrideable condition and wore myself out over nothing. I think photoshop will be my last resort.
    Last edited by boards_Tomas; 3rd March 2017 at 11:10 PM.
    The infamous wavewriter

Also on the wrong island, however glad to hear you guys are having a laugh in the warm (if gusty wind) - looking forward to the photos Tomas!