Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dunno if youv`e driven a T5 but if you haven`t you are in for a pleasant surprise because they drive just like a car and after a week you won`t notice the extra size when parking or maneuvering
    Whatever the tide, whatever the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by zedzedeleven View Post
    after a week you won`t notice the extra size when parking or maneuvering
    Because you'll be in a small hire car whilst the T5's in the garage being repaired

Quote Originally Posted by windsurfheather View Post
    Thanks. I don't suppose you have a photo of your car fully loaded? Trying to persuade husband it is possible is proving hard!
    HI. I dont have a photo. Personally I own a 3 bike Thule model and their
    4bike
    Version is shown here https://www.evanscycles.com/thule-97...FUwq0wodDhMLKA
    Should all work ok, also you would need to budget around 40 quid for a number plate holder from Decathlon or Halfords.

Just avoid anything that works by strapping to the bootlid. In my experience these dont work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7228.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	15163
    Just back from Cornwall where I took:
    3 bikes on boot rack,
    2windsurf boards
    2 surfboards
    6 sails
    3masts
    2booms
    all on roof rack.
    Just don't expect great fuel economy!
    Shame I got skunked for wind but cycling and surfing were good.
    2018: El Med 3. Cornwall 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    Because you'll be in a small hire car whilst the T5's in the garage being repaired
    Oh dear you must have been unlucky, not my experience after thirty odd years of T2's,3's 4's, and several 5's, the most reliable vehicle I've ever experienced and my current one returns 600 miles per tank if I'm good and a tank is about 68 ltrs. Only snag the door handle sometimes sticks and the Fuel filler cap sometimes opens on it's own when I don't want it to which is the worse experience I've ever had with VW.

Another thing the Mrs likes when driving the 'Falcoln'(Millenium), the better let's call it 'attitude' other drivers show and the fact you are looking down on some of them, almost Chelsea Tractor syndrome without the stigma. (Maybe the **** off big bull bar helps in that regard.)

Not me, just a general observation. I've got a T4 that's been fine so far, but the two T5s I know both had big problems; one blew the turbo, the other blew the gearbox. They seemed to have a pretty poor reputation when I was van hunting a few years ago, hence I went for a late T4 rather than an early T5.

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago and tried over the holidays. Had 3 bikes on the tow bar plus 2 board, 5 sails and 3 masts on the roof and was fine. Lost about 5 mpg only

definitely easy done

and even got out on the water most days!!