Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerb View Post
    maybe we all have to start thinking about buying vans that are not german or french...or spanish!
    mpv.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morris_Minor_Traveller.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	15236
    Last edited by phil_in_poole; 18th May 2017 at 07:51 PM.

i too was looking at t5 alternatives...in the kombi format (I need to seat upto 5)

But not sure however the others are as flexible - for example:

• can you get 2 captain seats in front ?
    • do you HAVE to have the bulkhead?
    • do the rear seats come in a 2+1 config?
    • do the rear seats fold flat?
    • how big is the boot behind the seats compared to the VW lwb?
    http://pembswindsurfing.blogspot.com
    Thoughts, Stories and Exploits from a DTL duffer!

I think the new Peugeot/Citroen/Toyota (its the same thing, built in same factory, same colours, but with different nose and furnishings and options) could do all that in people carrier format (so with windows rather than kombi metal at the back). There are 3 different wheelbases - short is too short, medium is just about OK, long is definitely long enough for boards behind the front seats. Second row bench does 2+1 folds, tumbles and is also removeable (cant remember if only the whole lot is removeable, or if you cant take out the 2+1 components separately) - and you can have a third row as option if you want it too.

Banned
    A transit can be swept into a dustpan as it corrodes year on year, job done! It's all a ploy of course, a bloody ruse just like the new congestion charge due to hit us unfortunates city bound. The streets are not paved with gold but mostly *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerb View Post
    Maybe we all have to start thinking about buying vans that are not German or French...or Spanish!
    Add to that the gathering antipathy towards diesel we might also be thinking of petrol engined vans.

Banned
    I think perol vans are blameless on the charge front, I've no idea why people think they're a bit soft. That's conditioning from the anti v dub lobby, you know the folk where the swinning sixties never arrived an now retrabusion to paper. It's rum alright, cowered out of lun fecking diddleim for sake of scientist mistkes. For fecks sake how hard is it to make a rat cough in the 80s! tests should have been concluded rightly. So now we get a whipped battern of a charge day on day, make no mistake, the people are close to revolting.