Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

OT. America's cup.

Don't know if anybody else is secretly geeky watching. The AC 50''s have an upwind VMG that is greater than windspeed. Efficiency indeed!

One thing the British team isnt very efficient at is getting results per pound spent! I think this campaign alone is 120 million and didn't even get to the finals, let alone the previous years! Shambolic
    2017. Wave sessions 19 Bump Jump 14
    2018 Wave sessions 2. V good though

I think that's just starting money for this game, it's a way of separating rich men from their money. Ainsley's crew were good in the run-up series but have seriously suffered boat speed problems. The hot snot is that the foil designers will win or lose it.

Great second race. I thought NZ were home and dry until the wind shifts.

Nz definitely seems to have the boat speed advantage.

I find that the performance differential has ruined the tactical side to an extent

USA must be praying the wind comes up... They are nowhere.

How long before they put Ainslie in again?

Kinked low wind foils on NZ seem to be kicking ass. Some young french designer apparently.

Expert opinion is a combination of
    - the curved angular foils (partly due to greater righting moment)
    - The extra power of the kiwi ‘cyclors’

-The reduced windage of the cyclors and keeping the wing trimmer and helmsman sat in the boat.
    - Glenn Ashby’s revolutionary touch control system for the twist, camber and sheet controls of the wing that allows him to constantly trim and even pump the wing. Plus separation of steering, flying and trimming duties.
    I'd say Oracle's only chance is close combat cauing communication errors, as Ben did before the capsize. But there's not much chance of doing that consistently. Whatever, nice to see the low budget team beat the worlds only superpower. And lets hope there's no "accidents", given the Kiwis don't have a spare boat.