Thread: wave dancing

wave dancing

http://www.windsurfjournal.com/artic...ux-vaches,6524

I love this video as it shows in slowmo the commitment and just how late guys of TV's standard hit the critical sections. Some awesome saves as well, pulling it back when all looks lost

Fantastic!
    The infamous wavewriter

Extremely inspiring sailing. Perfect wave size spectrum too.
    Ola H.

– Simmer Style Boards and Sails –

That's great to watch. The slow motion kills the speed and drama but does show us exactly what's going on.

In particular I like seeing the arm spread on the boom as he cranks the turns.

These waves look pretty safe but I saw TT in Cape Town when he and Graham Ezzy were out on a really big day at Misty Cliffs, and it was inspiring to watch – and also educational the way they work the edge of some massive waves, allowing them to always have an escape route.

But Traversa didn't hold back and would go for the lip to get some massive aerials at times. he'd use the cross off wind to decide whether he'd land back on the wave or to let himself get blown backwards to land behind it in a place of safety.

Any mistake would have meant a massive hold down under the wave, with smashed or lost gear then meaning an almost impossible swim ashore. There is no doubting the courage of the man.
    Last edited by basher; 12th September 2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Now back in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    That's great to watch. The slow motion kills the speed and drama but does show us exactly what's going on.

In particular I like seeing the arm spread on the boom as he cranks the turns.

These waves look pretty safe but I saw TT in Cape Town when he and Graham Ezzy were out on a really big day at Misty Cliffs, and it was inspiring to watch – and also educational the way they work the edge of some massive waves, allowing them to always have an escape route.

But Traversa didn't hold back and would go for the lip to get some massive trials at times. he'd use the cross off wind to decide whether he'd land back on the wave or to let himself get blown backwards to land behind it in a place of safety.

Any mistake would have meant a massive hold down under the wave, with smashed or lost gear then meaning an almost impossible swim ashore. There is no doubting the courage of the man.
    He's also got defective expression of the fear gene that most sane humans possess. When house-sharing in Maui I showed him a video of a comp in Fuerte where he attempted to hit the Iip on a double mast pitching beast breaking onto rocky reef with no chance of making it, with the inevitable kit destroying consequences. I asked what on earth was he thinking when he decided to take the drop. He shrugged his shoulders in a typically gallic fashion and replied, "eeez only water"
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Great video, and lovely stories about The Man. I remember another beautiful video of him sailing big waves in Galicia. I particularly like the way he tightens the second half of his bottom turn to go vertical (watch the radius of his curves, he always does this) and his timing off the top of really big waves is exquisite.
    -----------------------------
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    -----------------------------
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.