Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    One thing that really helped me understand wave riding is to watch... surfers!!!
    A windsurfer has the benefit of using a sail when it's windy. The sail can help us get more speed and drive but also gets in the way depending on wind direction so we need to compensate for it.

To me the best wave riding is achieved when regardless of wind direction the windsurfer can look like a true surfer.

I get easily lost in words, maybe we could add some media to this thread to better illustrate the techniques?

Some spots make it easy to use the wave power (tend to go with side to side-off wind/wave direction), others (tend to be side-on) need more help from the wind (or gear) to generate the speed required to achieve certain moves (frontside 360, aerials, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post

Wave sailing however, is about as advanced as you can get.
    Delusion is advanced as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Graemef View Post
    Delusion is advanced as you can get.

Age-wise, grumpf is as advanced as you can get. In his mind, he went wave sailing once – I'm guessing on a 250 wave board. In those days, 250 long boards were pretty radical, and you probably changed into a wetsuit in a bathing hut, away from prying eyes.
    Last edited by basher; 6th October 2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Now back in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ola H. View Post
    Doing this with something as complicated as wave riding is not easy. But I reckon Tomas is surely on the way
    The infamous wavewriter