Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    I think I saw you sailing Jamie, looked solid.
    Went to Gwithian and had the first 1.5h perfect conditions with Ian Black, a kiter and another guy. Then the wind changed a bit for the worse.
    Now a late lunch and see if the Bluff is as fun as it looks like.

@ BB: we leave friday to Wales (after morning sess ).
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

Newgale could be good at the weekend.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

We go to South Wales for some MTB so if it isn't howling we go shredding trails.
    But I might go sailing Monday If I can find a sailable spot with a 4m on a reasonable driving distance (we stay at llanellen at the the border of brecon beacons Nat. Park).

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

Wednesday evening.

Most people saw strong wind today but the weather is a bit unpredictable for the next few days – or at least the wind strength we get.

The driving low is still deep but now sits way up to the north and west, and it's also at the stage when it's fragmenting a bit around weather fronts, so the isobar squeezes are quite localised. That means some areas will get strong wind but other areas won't. You will also find different forecast on GFS-based sites like Windguru, compared to home-grown Met Office ones.

Here in the South we have high pressure ridging in for Thursday and that means lighter wind, but it may still work for marginal sailing with bigger sails or for float and ride where you have a decent wave. Should be a sunny day for many, but then the next batch of weather moves into the northwest.

The wind then rebuilds for Friday but a cold front in the Northwest may make the wind up and down as rain tracks through there. In the Southeast we sit in much warmer air.

By Saturday the isobars widen over much of the UK, meaning lighter wind for the weekend. Further warm air is dragged up from Iberia making it very mild for October, and that carries on until Monday.

It's early next week that the ex-hurricane Ophelia heads up the west coast and recharges the atmosphere to probably bring stormy wind for the northwest and for western Scotland.

Tiree should see good conditions at some point next week for the Tiree Wave Classic, but on Sunday the wind may be cyclonic with the island sat right under the low.
    Ophelia has her effect from Monday onwards, but uncertainty of the track of this tight low makes it impossible to forecast which areas get what wind at this stage.

In summary, keep checking forecast updates and grab what you can over coming days. I'm still hopeful of windsurfing on Friday, but not over the weekend.
    Last edited by basher; 12th October 2017 at 08:45 AM.
    Now back in the UK.

Still think gwithian could be pretty good. Considering heading down for Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    Still think gwithian could be pretty good. Considering heading down for Sunday...

Might be worth checking the current Met Office isobar charts.

The Saturday and Sunday charts have little wind, but then it honks there on Monday – if the Met Office have the Ophelia track right.
    Now back in the UK.

Yesterday and today really really nice waves from 2m and up.
    Just coming out of the water from an Epic SUP sess at the Bluff. If the wind picks up a tad more I go slogout and ride in with my windsurfgear.