Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam. Miu Ne

Vietnam. Miu Ne

Just booked for Miu Ne for next Feb..Anybody been or know anything.. Planning on sailing east end of beach ( away from shore break at jibes)
    Thinking of taking Rocket ,6.2, 7.0 ,7.6... But might rent ?

Yep been in Feb and it was windy.. sort of 5m weather. Fairly bump and jump with a few fishing lines about and mooring ropes.. especially down at Jibes.. stayed at the other end in a really nice little hotel run by Aussies but can’t remember the name.. careful where you stay as it’s package holiday central for the Russians from st Petersburg who are as bad as Benidorm brits. The place we stayed wouldn’t let them in even for a drink.. I will look it up when I get back from my current trip..

Been warned to avoid launching at Jibes...we are up nearer fairy Springs.. I think the Vietnam Cup ( or some Starboard comp) is on whilst there...Windstats are amazing fir place..There is a Russian hire centre near our hotel..but it doesn't seem to have an English language option...( I think there is a centre either side of fairy springs river outlet but can't find either to get prices....or book...but would prefer own kit ( after Gecko experience)
    Cheers

Were there four years ago and hired from wind chimes but think they only do kite stuff there now. Looked at Jibes but there was no beach there as the sand had all been washed away. It maybe different now. They were also opening up another centre a few miles up the coast which was a bit more of a wave spot. Mui Ne is more bump and jump.

Would of thought it's a long way to lug your own kit. Worth it for 3 weeks or more I'd think.

I'd ditch the 7.6 & take a 5.3 in its place.

Off the water, nice food & nice people.

Try and spend a couple of days in Saigon.

There's a good documentary series on BBC 4 on the Vietnam War which is well worth watching.

Been watching the series..put a whole new perspective on Vietnam for me...
    Thanks for post.

Make sure you take time to travel out from Miu Ne, Vietnam is beautiful but Miu Ne is their Blackpool or torremolinos

Quote Originally Posted by Alphie View Post
    Been watching the series..put a whole new perspective on Vietnam for me...
    Thanks for post.

Quote Originally Posted by southsea View Post
    Make sure you take time to travel out from Miu Ne, Vietnam is beautiful but Miu Ne is their Blackpool or torremolinos
    Which places do you recommended, not just going for windsurfing...��