Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam. Miu Ne

Went for a few days just before Xmas 2015.
    Short flight from Singapore but the “2 hour drive” from Saigon airport to Mui Ne was nearer 5.
    Got a family villa at the Swiss Village Resort.
    http://svr-vn.com/index.php?lang=1
    (Nice. But not cheap but when you take the family you have to compromise)
    Bump & jump sailing, water brown rather than the tropical blue of Boracay etc. Like Cumbria but hotter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015 23 Dec Mui Ne Vietnam (9).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	15776
    Went from Jibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroenespana View Post
    Looked at Jibes but there was no beach there as the sand had all been washed away. It maybe different now.
    Yes I arrived just after a storm; no beach; just a drop-off.

Name:	2015 22 Dec Mui Ne Vietnam (8).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	15777
    They were breaking out a pump to bring some sand back. But the staff are so helpful getting in & off the water it wasn’t a problem.
    Would happily go back.
    Don’t forget to try the Ran.

Name:	2015 23 Dec Mui Ne Vietnam (8).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	15778
    Writing nonsense on tinternet since 1842.

Hated it. Went for 2 weeks, stayed 2 days and bought anither flight home, got my annual leave back from work and went to Tiree, and had a great trip as I always do to the best windsurfing spot in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by boards_Neal View Post
    Hated it. Went for 2 weeks, stayed 2 days and bought anither flight home, got my annual leave back from work and went to Tiree, and had a great trip as I always do to the best windsurfing spot in the world.
    Was it the geography; the hotel; the food; the people or the windsurfing you didn't like...

I was being a little provocative to be honest, friends of mine loved it.

The "wave" beach that is advertised was crap. I went to it and talked to the guys there but there was only a very small section you could actually sail because the fisherman had laid illegal netting all along where the waves break. So basically it was unsailable.

I went in windy season and the wind was crap, and forecast to be crap as well.

I didn't rate the kit at either center, there were 2 centers.

I had 2 meals while I was there and both were terrible.

On top of that and this was obviously my bad luck I suppose, the hotel was rubbish, right on the beach AND NOT CHEAP.

So I thought, best option is to get my annual leave back, so rang the boss and he said yes so that was what I did.

cant tell you about the people wasn't there long enough.

As I said I was being provocative because I felt that way when I posted, I'm sure for many it worked out as a good venue but not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by boards_Neal View Post
    I was being a little provocative to be honest, friends of mine loved it.

The "wave" beach that is advertised was crap. I went to it and talked to the guys there but there was only a very small section you could actually sail because the fisherman had laid illegal netting all along where the waves break. So basically it was unsailable.

I went in windy season and the wind was crap, and forecast to be crap as well.

I didn't rate the kit at either center, there were 2 centers.

I had 2 meals while I was there and both were terrible.

On top of that and this was obviously my bad luck I suppose, the hotel was rubbish, right on the beach AND NOT CHEAP.

So I thought, best option is to get my annual leave back, so rang the boss and he said yes so that was what I did.

cant tell you about the people wasn't there long enough.

As I said I was being provocative because I felt that way when I posted, I'm sure for many it worked out as a good venue but not for me.
    At least you were honest...most folk rave over wherever they go...I,ll give it a try...I,ll be in Leucate in April...know that's fine..

Quote Originally Posted by Alphie View Post
    At least you were honest...most folk rave over wherever they go...I,ll give it a try...I,ll be in Leucate in April...know that's fine..
    Yes why is that.

I know people who have been to places and describe them as "awesome", "best place in the world for windsurfing", "unbeatable". mmmm then I go and I think well it was alright.

Ah just realised that's what I say about Tiree, hahahaha

Yeah, but in the case of Tiree you're right of course.