Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vietnam. Miu Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bmg253 View Post
    Yeah, but in the case of Tiree you're right of course.
    If you can get in that is..I tried to book there few years ago...couldn't get accommodation anywhere..so went to Barra instead...absolutely brilliant. Waves, B&J or Slalom...whatever you want its got. Had 5 weeks there , sailed perhaps 20 days...could have sailed more...had place to myself, well the windsurfing that is. Sailed near airport, ( a tidal beach) , scared myself to death on other side in massive waves but sailed most where ferry comes in...and alongsside a basking shark near Vettersay (sp???)...Went sea canoeing and hill walking...Loved place...but dont think it would work in February...might be a bit cold. Sea quite warm tho..will be going back. ( We looked after Hostel overlooking harbour for 5 weeks or so) Never got to Tiree...!! But can highly recommend Barra. ( really does make most places look ugly...its a stunning island. Think best views I,ve ever seen..)
    Last edited by Alphie; 18th December 2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphie View Post
    If you can get in that is..I tried to book there few years ago...couldn't get accommodation anywhere..so went to Barra instead...absolutely brilliant. Waves, B&J or Slalom...whatever you want its got. Had 5 weeks there , sailed perhaps 20 days...could have sailed more...had place to myself, well the windsurfing that is. Sailed near airport, ( a tidal beach) , scared myself to death on other side in massive waves but sailed most where ferry comes in...and alongsside a basking shark near Vettersay (sp???)...Went sea canoeing and hill walking...Loved place...but dont think it would work in February...might be a bit cold. Sea quite warm tho..will be going back. ( We looked after Hostel overlooking harbour for 5 weeks or so) Never got to Tiree...!! But can highly recommend Barra. ( really does make most places look ugly...its a stunning island. Think best views I,ve ever seen..)
    Thanks for that info, appreciated!!

Will be looking at that then :-)