Error 404 | Boards | The UK's No.1 Windsurfing Magazine

Sorry...

Page Not Found

Please check to make sure the URL is correct, or contact us at support@boards.co.uk to let us know your issue, and we'll do our best to help.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic

Defi Wind 2018 MAY 10-13th

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defi wind 2018.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	15678

The dates have been announced!

Booking most likely will open early February as usual but no word on that yet.

Who's thinking of going?

https://www.facebook.com/LeDefi

Yes! 2 weeks April & 3 weeks May...training (allegedly!)

I,m going some time in April..( normally best month of year wind stats wise, well March can be but March can be freezing )

Work dependent might stay till after Defi.

K215. Where are you likely to be sailing April ?

Cool guys, the earlier date suits me much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    Cool guys, the earlier date suits me much better.
    There have been quite a few times I,ve been there for month before defi and sailed loads...then defi has , for there, moderate and once or twice little wind. Area isn't like other strong wind venues, Tramontane needs specific conditions to work... Even tho stats for area are incredible it can be quite fickle, and gusty on first day of its arrival.
    Think most reliable place for good wind is actually Ghoulet / Pecheurs on Etang...( I first sailed in area 1995...bought a place there 2004...
    When it blows...it really is awesome..( I,ve had complete months with nothing but 4.2 being biggest...thats nearly always early in season but it can be very very cold pre April..Then it jumps up in temp to summer suit beginning of April ( ish).
    I,ll buy again down there...in a couple of years. Loads of other stuff to do aswell.

Alphie,
    Had to change dates so now its April 8 to May 14th and I'll be staying in the beach chalets.
    I'll walk in as straight a line as possible from chalet to beach and sail there !

Quote Originally Posted by Alphie View Post
    There have been quite a few times I,ve been there for month before defi and sailed loads...then defi has , for there, moderate and once or twice little wind. Area isn't like other strong wind venues, Tramontane needs specific conditions to work... Even tho stats for area are incredible it can be quite fickle, and gusty on first day of its arrival.
    Think most reliable place for good wind is actually Ghoulet / Pecheurs on Etang...( I first sailed in area 1995...bought a place there 2004...
    When it blows...it really is awesome..( I,ve had complete months with nothing but 4.2 being biggest...thats nearly always early in season but it can be very very cold pre April..Then it jumps up in temp to summer suit beginning of April ( ish).
    I,ll buy again down there...in a couple of years. Loads of other stuff to do aswell.
    Sorry I missed your reply. I don't seem to get thread posting reports.
    Since this year I am in France as opposed to other years where i have been in tropical or summer latitudes
    it will be easier to escape to Leucate to Gruissan area at a moments notice.
    Best
    N