Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Well done on 6th Arf and well done Mark D on winning the Masters.

Arf have you learned to forward on port now?
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    It was at The Bluff Harry, I think there wasnt much in it from wind angle perspective but suited tides better at bluff (though not 100% on that). Some of the sailing was done down towards Carbis (?) Bay, to the left of the river where it was much more side shore port tack.

Great to meet you Arf!
    Conditions were pretty bad/challenging but it really was a very welcoming and fun event...i kinda wish id competed rather than just caddy for Archie! Not for the competitive element per se - but the great feeling of camaraderie and crack across all the divisions..good skills
    http://pembswindsurfing.blogspot.com
    Thoughts, Stories and Exploits from a DTL duffer!

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Great to meet you Arf!
    Conditions were pretty bad/challenging but it really was a very welcoming and fun event...i kinda wish id competed rather than just caddy for Archie! Not for the competitive element per se - but the great feeling of camaraderie and crack across all the divisions..good skills
    Great to meet you too Northy, and well done to Archie!
    Always good to put a face to a name.

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Arf have you learned to forward on port now?
    Haha no, I was desperately trying to plane on the starboard tack and head out to get a forward in, but couldn't get deeper than knee deep going that way. So I tried one port forward, board stuck to wave and had a catapult from hell. On deconstruction, I didn't sheet out before launch. Need way more port practice. Even when waveriding I was opting for a backside attack with the left foot forward rather than going the correct way around.

Determined to get more port practice in, because avoiding port tack in contests is seemingly impossible.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    I struggled all weekend to find any news about this event but the place to look for results and some photos is on the 'Cornwall Wave Classic' event Facebook page.
    There's nothing on the BWA page(s) as I type this
    I am surprised. My facebook feed was littered with information, photos and videos all weekend - I thought engagement on social media was excellent, as it was for Tiree. Its got me motivated to maybe try and compete again. The PWA could learn a thing or two...

That sums up Facebook for you. It allows small groups to talk to each other whilst excluding everyone else.

The lesson to be learnt by those in charge of publicity and PR is that you might think you are talking to everybody, but in fact you are not.

There’s a similar problem with the Aloha Classic and the Luderitz speed event at the moment.
    Now back in the UK.

I follow IWT and get lots of their usual and 'sponsored' posts.

Not seen anything from Luderitz except for Profitt's stuff.

The commentary for Maui has been horrendous. I really cannot stand Kai Katchadorian (sp?).
    JP FSW 98 - Simmer Quantum 85 - Mistral Twinzer 76 - Mishmash of sails

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    That sums up Facebook for you. It allows small groups to talk to each other whilst excluding everyone else.

The lesson to be learnt by those in charge of publicity and PR is that you might think you are talking to everybody, but in fact you are not.

There’s a similar problem with the Aloha Classic and the Luderitz speed event at the moment.
    No it doesn't, with the exception of secret groups where you have to be asked to join, facebook works very well, providing you are a 'joiner' rather than someone who just likes to post **** and not read or 'like' anyone elses. Which is why you're better off on a forum or better still what you should have done years ago and become a blogger.

Click the like button now and again, it won't hurt you to recognise others are equally capable of posting interesting stuff.