Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 20.19.56.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  25.0 KB
    Now back in the UK.

Why is it such hard work getting simple photos on here?
    Now back in the UK.

Ben Proffitt is doing excellent work in covering the excitement of this event – see his and Alfie's videos on Windsurfing.tv. He was also doing Facebook live reports over the weekend.

They should have good wind today, possibly the best conditions in this current period of wind.

Unfortunately, from tomorrow they then lose the wind for a week. Next Tuesday however currently has an even better forecast than for today.
    Now back in the UK.

Great to see the videos and get an insight into an area of windsurfing (including the location) that I don't know much about. Out of interest, anyone know how the wind works there? I'd have assumed a sea breeze effect, but (unless I'm misunderstanding the orientation) the wind direction is not what I'd normally expect for that.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

You can get a really good view of the trench on Apple maps. The wind blows straight down the valley and out to sea.

The Southeaster trade wind blows all the way up the west coast of Southern Africa and Luderitz is on a bulge on the Namibia coastline which causes a squeeze effect – similar to what they get in Pozo on Gran Canaria.

The wind can go more southerly at times, and I understand that spoilt the day for the speedsailors at Luderitz this afternoon – with the wind too broad for the course.

The wind switches off tomorrow, for a week or more.
    Now back in the UK.

Let's have another plug for Ben and Alfie's hard work here.

Whether you like speed sailing or not this is pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS1BORRtJo4
    Now back in the UK.