Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    With one of these your van will be heated up in15 minutes and humidity will be gone.

https://www.webasto.com/au/markets-p...aters/air-top/

Comes with a programmable remote control. Use it as your wake up call.

Heat, insulation etc is not the problem. It's the humidity in the van, & cold windows. Don't sleep in it, or open the windows for better ventilation, or heat the windows somehow.

I was looking into this at the weekend as my daughter has decided her ambition is to live full time in a van when she leaves home..... Cold air has less capacity to hold water vapour in it than warm air. Basically when air cools it contracts and this is vaguely like squeezing the hidden water vapour out of it, like squeezing a sponge. So when damp warm air hits a freezing cold window or side panel it will cause condensation. Its then made worse if the warm air is excessively damp due to damp kit and breathing out lots or cooking. This is not normally a big problem in cars overnight as the car has taken in cold air, heated it, and then when that air cools it has no more moisture in it than when it started. Solution is as described above for the windows but Basher is also correct in that if you are getting condensation on windows then you will also be getting lots of hidden condensation on the body panels. So, IF you sleep in the van a lot in the cold or leave lots of damp warm kit in it all the time then this can lead to mould and corrosion hidden away - so insulating the body panels is the quality answer for regular sleeping. Even a tent with a fair bit of inherent ventilation will have this same problem in winter, causing internal rain or snow when a breeze shakes it.

I find cracking a window a smidge on either side helps.
    BWA Tour Director