Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Week Beginning 20/11/17

Looks like I booked the right week off

Looks a pretty gosh darn good week actually!
    So Westerly winds on Saturday.
    Wales anyone?

Saturday.

Hove eyeball.
    Raining, cold, but the wind has picked up and should be 20mph+ for the next two or three hours as the tide falls.
    Now back in the UK.

Monday 20th. 8.45am

It's supposed to be windy all week this week – but so far this morning there's a surprising lack of wind, with way less than forecast.

It is however windy to the west of the Isle of Wight, so hopefully it's on the way for the Southeast too.
    Now back in the UK.

There's wind logging on Chimet now, so hopefully the wind is on the way here (in Hove) too.
    At the moment there's barely a white horse to be seen – when we're supposed to have 24mph.
    Now back in the UK.

It's not been a disastrous autumn statistically for the south coast but pretty much all useful south coast wind has been during the week. Same again this week by the looks of it with useless, cold and flat NW'ly returning at the weekend. Not that I really expect to be able to windsurf this time of year - there have been very few decent south coast autumn seasons in recently - even when I could sail during the week I hardly ever got out. Roll on April!

You're not missing much today, BB.

The wind has been very up and down and we have more drizzly rain that forecast too. It's a bit grim out there.

Tide times and wind directions aren't helpful this week either.
    Now back in the UK.