Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Might be able to escape tomorrow morning for a session with the tide on the push. Looks like it's going to be pretty southerly though...

Thinking either Pagham or Avon Beach, but been years since I sailed either. I hear Paghams turned into more of a chop bothering style location these days - so would Avon be a better choice...? Any more recent experience welcome

Avon is probably the best bet as it's no problem at high tide and we should get some decent waves on the sandbar. I'm going to get there as early as possible before the wind gets too stupid.

Avon as early as traffic allows for me too. Expect lots on the water and free photography that you can download from Facebook!

If my general state of incompetence cant cope with the what is forecast then I will go over to Poole harbour in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by smidge View Post
    If my general state of incompetence cant cope with the what is forecast then I will go over to Poole harbour in the afternoon.
    If you're at Avon anyway, wouldn't Christchurch harbour make more sense? Or doesn't it work in SSW (I've never sailed there)?

Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    If you're at Avon anyway, wouldn't Christchurch harbour make more sense? Or doesn't it work in SSW (I've never sailed there)?
    Thanks -I need to be in poole later on anyway - have never sailed christchurch harbour.

I am heading down there first thing - what time is recommended? Please oh please don't say I need to leave at 6am

Will take 4.5 and 4.2..
    JP FSW 98 - Simmer Quantum 85 - Mistral Twinzer 76 - Mishmash of sails

Avon is sailable at all states of the tide. Big spring lows uncover the sandbar and a fast ebbing tide from the harbour can sometimes make planing on the way out more challenging if the wind is marginal. But neither of those issues apply tomorrow so it should be fine to sail whenever you please. With the added sunshine and guarantee of a photographic memento of your session, it has potential to be a very good day on the water. Wish I could be there
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE