Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Next time I turn up the volume

Thanks to Ivan for doing most of the work here.
    (He's also the guy who mends your boards at Club Vass).

Name:  27540500_10210895465131371_7516711075385625090_n.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  89.1 KB
    Now back in the UK.

Nice thread with lots of great pics.

I am gradually learning/aspiring to take better pix and went the Micro 4/3 route. I must say that for me, this was a great decision. Since the gear is quite a lot more easy to bring with you, it gets used more. Simple as that. I have a 40-150 f 2.8 lens (300 mm full equivalent, but of course crops pix more) that is really good. Personally, I think that it comes very close to the performance of much bulkier, and often more expensive, full frame equipment.

I have given the new Olympus OM-D EM1 mark II (short and nice name there...) a couple of tries and really like it. Above all, it seems to have solved the issue with quick AF for sports photography. Just waiting for the price to come down a bit more...

Rig - Simmer vMax 7.2, Enduro 5.9, Black Tips 5.3 - 3.7, Tricera 5.0, HSM FL 5.7
    Boards - Simmer Hoogal 84 (custom), Simmer Freegal 100, Flikka 95 (proto), and 83 (tweaked Core line), Fanatic Blast 115

Moderates www.surfzone.se, wind and wave community in Sweden

Being stuck on the Essex coast last Sunday with no wind I thought I would try some photography. Some might know this place.

Nice. Don't know the Essex coast, but I do try and make the effort to carry the camera when out and about as with a family time to waste is non-existent.

@Phil with the D7200 - same kit as I have. Figured that it wasn't worth going >300mm with a crop sensor as spray / haze will be the limiting factor thereafter. After a year of ownership I decided to RTFM and realised the User Modes (U1 and U2 on the LHS top dial) are actually quite useful! I have U2 on Program with Auto ISO and using the front finger wheel, 'tilt' the Program balance to faster shutter by 2or 3 stops. It seems to store all that for quick access at the beach.
    My Flickr Windsurf collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bsideth...7622592103903/
    Hayling Windsurf & Kitesurf Photographers: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1993863@N23/

Quote Originally Posted by phill104 View Post
    Being stuck on the Essex coast last Sunday with no wind I thought I would try some photography. Some might know this place.

Nice! 10 stopper?? if so which brand.

Yep, 10 stopper. I used it with the Nisi v5 pro kit which is superb, the polariser is excellent and the 10 stop leaves almost no colour cast.