Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Super Moderator

A Windfoiling forum and Factory

A while ago there was discussion in Ronnie's foiling thread about the need for a forum on here dedicated to Windfoiling.

This seemed like a good idea so I emailed Factory to ask if this was possible. Eventually word came back that they would do it.

But nothing happened. After much chasing, I finally got to speak to someone there who said that a decision had been made not to put any further resources into the Boards website

So no Windfoiling forum. It's not a surprise, but still disappointing.
    Last edited by MartinJ; 1st December 2017 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJ View Post
    A while ago there was discussion in Ronnie's foiling thread about the need for a forum on here dedicated to Windfoiling.

This seemed like a good idea so I emailed Factory to ask if this was possible. Eventually word came back that they would do it.

But nothing happened. After much chasing, I finally got to speak to someone there who said that a decision had been made not to put any further resources into the Boards website

So no Windfoiling forum. It's not a surprise, but still disappointing.
    Why do you need another subdivision? It's awash with micro forums and most people just look for new posts. There's little enough activity to search through. If you really want to make sure your posts are organised into the right box then decide whether the foiling is "wave" foiling, "general" foiling, "slalom" foiling, "equipment" foiling, "how was it for you" foiling etc. and post into the required subsection. Of course in an ideal world we would divide every forum into foiling and non-foiling but life can never achieve that sort of perfection and really it's just rearranging the deck chairs at the camera club.

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by /\/ico View Post
    Why do you need another subdivision? It's awash with micro forums and most people just look for new posts. There's little enough activity to search through. If you really want to make sure your posts are organised into the right box then decide whether the foiling is "wave" foiling, "general" foiling, "slalom" foiling, "equipment" foiling, "how was it for you" foiling etc. and post into the required subsection. Of course in an ideal world we would divide every forum into foiling and non-foiling but life can never achieve that sort of perfection and really it's just rearranging the deck chairs at the camera club.
    I agree.
    Not necessary an new subdivision.
    I look in "what's new" for the latest posts of any thread
    and if I am interested in a particular thread i subscribe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJ View Post
    a decision had been made not to put any further resources into the Boards website
    . . moves towards the lifeboat deck.

(Can we do a backup?)
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Didn't it recently change hands ? I believe they did punt it about for sale

Do we have new owners ?

The adverts seem to have changed to a more individual taste or recent search history bias is rhis due to new owners changing the prefrences

The ads are just cookie based, low revenue ones. Before they seemed to be actively selling space. Seems the end is nigh if even the 5 minutes it would take to add a forum is too much.

Why has this thread had post's removed
    the heavy handed censorship really needs to stop ?
    No PM to explain not even a moderator post to explain !!!