Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    pare at sylt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SY17_wv_Marc_Pare.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	15847

Quote Originally Posted by Ola H. View Post
    Yes. I saw some video from the other day when he was on one of the protos. He's been using it since Sylt.

https://www.facebook.com/simmerstyle...0&notif_t=like
    how would that work Ola would he give feedback on fins, rails, rocker etc and maybe suggest a few tweaks ?

Quote Originally Posted by max111 View Post
    how would that work Ola would he give feedback on fins, rails, rocker etc and maybe suggest a few tweaks ?
    Marc has been quite happy with the Cortex version he got and has not really suggested any changes. With some other projects we have going, it has more been a collaboration where we discuss all elements of the board together before we build it and then I get feedback. But the Cortex started out as a board I just made for myself to test the concept (in 78 liter size) then we upscaled to a 90. Marx tried it and wanted one for himself right away. But subsequent testing with other people led to some slight changes on the 90 before production.

This is kind of typical. Some protos I just design myself. Either because it's something I want for my own sailing or because I want to try some idea. Some are kind of developmental, where we try to change something on an existing board after discussion with riders. And some start as one-offs for some team rider or custom customer and might end up production material (or not).
    Ola H.

Simmer Style Boards and Sails

Quote Originally Posted by Ola H. View Post
    Marc has been quite happy with the Cortex version he got and has not really suggested any changes. With some other projects we have going, it has more been a collaboration where we discuss all elements of the board together before we build it and then I get feedback. But the Cortex started out as a board I just made for myself to test the concept (in 78 liter size) then we upscaled to a 90. Marx tried it and wanted one for himself right away. But subsequent testing with other people led to some slight changes on the 90 before production.

This is kind of typical. Some protos I just design myself. Either because it's something I want for my own sailing or because I want to try some idea. Some are kind of developmental, where we try to change something on an existing board after discussion with riders. And some start as one-offs for some team rider or custom customer and might end up production material (or not).

so when are we likely to see this board range in full production available to buy ? what is the lead time's form design to sailed by the fat and bald ?

I like the narrow widths. Does the 90 have good wind range? When can Jim Brookes / Puravida get one.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

A lot of stuff you describe really sounds like the Fanatic Stubby, where is/what does the Simmer different?
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

Quote Originally Posted by max111 View Post
    so when are we likely to see this board range in full production available to buy ? what is the lead time's form design to sailed by the fat and bald ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    I like the narrow widths. Does the 90 have good wind range? When can Jim Brookes / Puravida get one.

We don't have a final delivery date, but a rough guess would be that the first samples are in in february, and that we have full availability in march.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroensurf View Post
    A lot of stuff you describe really sounds like the Fanatic Stubby, where is/what does the Simmer different?

Yes, it is a similar concept. Ours is different by being turnier though. This is both my own experience as well as what other people that tested both tell me. The Fanatic is a great board that suits many, many riders and the overlap with the Cortex is substantial. And the Fanatic certainly turns well and is extremely easy to sail. For radical turning it requires a pretty solid technique and a decent turn setup though. The few people I talked to that was not overwhelmed by the Fanatic were people that expected the board to be more radical. I'd say that the Cortex caters a bit more towards that end of the scale, while still overall being easy and effective.
    Ola H.

Simmer Style Boards and Sails