Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    (Guy Cribb, sorry for the typo)
    watch this on pause play pause play - I find it very helpful and Peter Hart's (and Whitey) 'Ten steps to gybing'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Fsg4VeKfg&t=89s

The problem with the many of the guru tutorials is that they take no account of individual learning preferences....so you may be lucky to find one that clicks with you, or you may just get totally confused by what is often conflicting advice! Most kids learn mainly by just trying things to see what works and what does not! Unfortunately, when we get older we become more cautious and that prevents us from learning that way. My initial advice would be a little different to many of the gurus.

1. First and foremost, sail in an area and in conditions that pose no threat. If you are concerned a bout falling off or being able to get back to the beach everything you do will be too stiff and stilted.
    2. Set out in any session with one specific objective...e.g flare gybe on both tacks and be prepared to fall in (which also means lots of uphauling practise as a side show!).
    3. Focus on exaggerating every body movement and keep arms, legs and trunk flexible. The board is riding on an uneven surface, your legs are the shock absorbers so keep them slightly bent. The buoyancy of the board is greatest under the mast foot so it can take your complete bodyweight if you hang from the boom with an upright mast......but you have to hang....legs bent much more than you think....chances are currently you are mostly standing tall which makes you a simple target for any or all of the forces at play. The rig reacts to the wind and sheeting angle, if your arms are straight and stiff, every slight movement of the rig gets transferred to your body and can unbalance you, so keep your grip on the boom light and your arms flexible. Use your head to make your body follow...i.e. keep looking at where you want to go...not at the rig and not at your feet. All of that amounts to being proactive rather than reactive...be the boss even if it means falling in!

So.....feel safe, set an objective, be proactive.

Now study the move on some guru videos so you can play it over in your mind and visualise ready for that next session.

155 board is fine for now (I would imagine this 155L board is about 75/80 cm wide). If you are using harness and planing in straps don't go back to a larger board.
    If you are sailing in choppy waters then yes its pretty normal you are struggling with tacks and gybes. In case try and see if you can find a spot with flatter water.

When going down in board sizes its normal to through a fase where you fall off during gybes and tacks eventually you will get used to it and learn.

I've just moved down to a 120L and with my 90kg struggle as well and always fall in. This however is pushing me to try and learn planing gybe. Although still no where near it.

I learned waterstarts once I started going out in higher winds with choppy waters, uphailing was nearly impossible so felt forced to learn waterstarts.
    7.5 is huge for waterstarts. 6.5 still a bit big. As you are 70 kg you might want to think about a 5.7/5.8 sail, this size would fit well in your quiver. Then go out on a windy day in shallow waters with the smaller sail.