Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why I LOVE Windsurfing...

EPISODE I

EPISODE II

Last edited by boards_Manuel; 10th January 2018 at 04:44 PM.

Great vid. Looking forward to the next.

Thank you, I have a couple of things in mind and almost ready to go, any special request ?

Nice videos Manuel!
    I really like the Tabou with the reworked nose. My daughter has a similar Tabou.... Maybe a new trend is born?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160211 (2).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	15869
    49 years young @ 85kg.

WitchCraft Wave HDD 83l + K4 Stubby 14cm + K4 Ezzy 2 12cm
    WitchCraft Flextail HDD 95l + WC 15.5cm & 14cm side fins
    RRD COTAN 7'11" Wide Classic
    Witchcraft Slayer & Karma sails and masts from 3.3m to 5.2m - Tecnolimits XTR

What model is yours? This is a DaCurve, it's *tiny*. 54.5cm wide, 220cm long. Factory volume at 85 was already smaller with the nose, now without, it likes to roll, nose dive and tail sink!
    So not great for a light wind board but amazing for medium to high winds. Feels totally safe throwing it around.

The nose was chopped off before I acquired it ! I did have to reinforced the nose after hitting a log, working on backloop landings and hitting it while trying forwards!
    Now it seems good...

Anyway, the best board I've ever had, I wish I had its bigger sister... or maybe the pocket of the same year for a bit more volume out back.

Quote Originally Posted by boards_Manuel View Post
    What model is yours? This is a DaCurve, it's *tiny*. 54.5cm wide, 220cm long. Factory volume at 85 was already smaller with the nose, now without, it likes to roll, nose dive and tail sink!
    So not great for a light wind board but amazing for medium to high winds. Feels totally safe throwing it around.

The nose was chopped off before I acquired it ! I did have to reinforced the nose after hitting a log, working on backloop landings and hitting it while trying forwards!
    Now it seems good...

Anyway, the best board I've ever had, I wish I had its bigger sister... or maybe the pocket of the same year for a bit more volume out back.
    It's a 2006 Da Curve 73l, 52,5 cm wide. It was a great high wind board in its time for me and my daughter has sailed it for over two years now without the nose. And I also did many repair jobs on that chopped-off nose...

But for euro conditions I think there are now better alternatives available. She will get her first new board (a trifin HDD Witchcraft Haka ST) in a couple of weeks so that she can progress faster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tabou-dacurve-73L-2006.gif 
Views:	10 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	15870
    49 years young @ 85kg.

WitchCraft Wave HDD 83l + K4 Stubby 14cm + K4 Ezzy 2 12cm
    WitchCraft Flextail HDD 95l + WC 15.5cm & 14cm side fins
    RRD COTAN 7'11" Wide Classic
    Witchcraft Slayer & Karma sails and masts from 3.3m to 5.2m - Tecnolimits XTR