Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cape Verde in August

Hi Guys, planning this years summer holiday and thinking about Cape Verde, Santa Maria beach in Sal seems to be a popular spot. From what I can make out itís not the best time for windsurfing but if I could score some waves on the paddle board that would be enough to keep me happy on a family trip!
    Anyone been there that time of the year?

Why would you go all the way to Cape Verde in August when you could go to Greece for the windy month there?

Just asking.
    Now back in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Why would you go all the way to Cape Verde in August when you could go to Greece for the windy month there?

Just asking.
    Tried Greece, Canary Islands and Morocco. Difficult to find somewhere to keep me and the family all happy!! I’d be happy to hit Furte every year!

Go to Club Vass and get into a freestyle move or two. Family absolutely love it (all ages). They have me working on flat loops, which is so far beyond what I ever expected to be doing. It doesnt mean I try freestyle anywhere else - but for 2 weeks once a year, with a very happy family, its bliss.

I wouldn't recommend Sal for a family holiday. Not really that much to do there off the water.

Don't go to Sal in August! Santa Maria has a nice beach but otherwise a drab featureless place and not the wind or wave season. So many cheaper and better options closer to home at that time of year.
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Not feeling the love for Cape Verde in August! Back to the drawing board.