NP RS Racing Evo III 7.8

Just bought mentioned sail ( second hand)
    Specs are 460 mast. 476 luff. 2.10 boom.

Anybody know what year its from ?

Anybody got or had one and used it on other than NP masts. Looked it up on Unifibre mast compatibility chart, but not convinced their charts are that reliable. ( I,ve had pairings that work perfect that should not have done and vice versa)

Sail is worth investing in NP mast but hoping to mix it in with my x15's and their masts ??

Cheers

Evo 3 is 2011. Don't think NP have changed mast profile much from then to now and it is more flex top than virtually anything else. What might work is the Tush 100% Speed Pro mast which is more flex top than the normal Tush mast. That said the 460 and bigger Tush SDM masts were pretty flex top until more recent years. The recommended mast of the time in 2011 would be the NP X9 but I suspect later NP generations are still a similar curve.

Thanks MikerB..

I had a Evo II and I used it on a maverx daytona, look towards the bottom of this page for photos - http://maverx.co.uk/Pryde%20feedback.html

When I got my EvoII a friend got the same sail and he used his on a Pryde X9 mast. He recently got the current Pryde race sail. he chose it because he had the Pryde mast but he didn't like it at all and has just bought the 2018 Pryde MX 100 mast for it. He did mention selling his X9 460 if you are interested. -

Thanks for that SR...one if reasons I asked was I have had/ seen issues with X9's. Was at hire centre in Feurte and asked for a 7 metre sail, none rigged. Lad passed me one, with x9 mast and boom, saying I could rig it, he was busy.( he wasnt�� ) Came to stage of final dh and...mast broke about a foot above boom. Lads boss was now on scene and grumbled at him for letting a fool rig sail.(�� didn't say that but you get the gist) He got a brand new mast , sail luckily undamaged, and proceeded to rig up , explaining all the steps along the way to the fool. He got to final DH stage...and yes another new mast bit the dust ( literally)..this one went with a right old crack...mine sort of creaked, split and gave up.. Not suggesting all x9's are like this but it did put me off them and probably all 100% C masts..
    I,ll give it a whirl on Tush 75% and take it from there.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Alphie; 26th January 2018 at 02:11 PM.