Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fuerteventura 8-12 Feb

I am considering booking a long weekend in Fuerte if the current wind forecast holds. However checking the swell forecast and tide times neither look great. Could locals advise whether it would be worth the trip with the current tide/swell set up? It is going to be low tide for most of the afternoon for those dates and IIRC the north shore beaches such as Punta Blanca work best with high tide, or have I got that completely wrong?

https://magicseaweed.com/Majanicho-Surf-Report/134/
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

The tide is high at 15.45 on saturday, which is good for the predicted swell. At Punta Blanca, when it is big, high tide is best, when it is small, low tide. Also Puerto Lajas looks pretty good. So you can choose between port or starboard tack and side or cross on.
    Bouke
    Witchcraft Windsurfing Fuerteventura

Thanks Bouke. It is next weekend 8-12 Feb when I am planning to visit so low tide in the afternoon, unless I am completely misreading the tidal charts. I didn’t enjoy sailing Punta Blanca at low tide during my last visit - rocky launch and fin crunchingly shallow inside the reef. Do other north shore beaches such as Majanicho share the same problem at low?
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Ah, OK, yes, it will be low tide during most of the day then. At the other spots the tide does not make such a difference but in general you can say about most spots that they work better at high tide with a bigger swell and at low tide with a small swell. At Punta at low tide with a decent swell we call it a "foam party" as you have walls of white water. When the waves are small (usually only in august), they don“t shape up well at high tide and at least at low tide you get some vertical walls.
    Majanicho can close out over the bay on the big sets when the swell is over 2.5m with a +12sec period at low tide. La Caleta can hold much bigger swells. But it depends on the wind direction which spots can be sailed.
    It looks like next week the wind is turning more east and Majanicho could work with a moderate size swell but that is still a long time of.
    Bouke
    Witchcraft Windsurfing Fuerteventura

For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

looking great for glas, and later lajas.
    Do you rent gear?

Will Glass be the beach of choice on Thursday? Or flat with the NNW groundswell not getting in fully? MSW suggests only 2-4ft https://magicseaweed.com/El-Burro-Gl...urf-Report/845

Yes renting, possibly from Ocean Calling as they allow a board and 3 sails to be taken away (most other centres only 2)
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE