Manu does Cabarete STORM CHASE :) !!!

Video to come later...

Click below to enjoy!

Great report Manu. Looks big on the reef! I remember a day like that in Cabarete in the winter, with a massive shore break at the downwind end of the bay (we used to stay at the Palm Beach Condos). Hope your injuries repair quickly.

ps I've sent you a Facebook PM with an advance copy of my novel: 'Too close to the Wind' - it features Cabarete as one of the locations.
    -----------------------------
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

I'm sure the shorebreak down by Bozo was pretty mean! Usually we can avoid it though when the wind dies and choose to go either farther upwind (if we are lucky) or farther down (most often).

The video is now available, click below to enjoy!

Excellent video Manu :-) A very different side of Cabarete! Maybe Red Bull should be chasing storms there in the hurricane season? I guess your 'chase' was ten meters from Vela to the water :-)
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

Yes, we haven't had to chase very far !!!! It's tough here to get good strong conditions during hurricanes because the wind drops so much.
    During the past couple of storms it was ridable at certain times but often it would die to near nothing, hard to time correctly.
    I think UK, France etc have better options as far as storm chasing goes !

It was pretty fun sailing in crazy conditions though, it's a been a long time since I had been flattened out!