Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fragile RRD

Fragile RRD

Sailed my v3 94 freestyle wave RRD for the first time (brand new) just had 30min on flat water and to my horror we noticed a bad split on the nose. I had not come off or knocked on the shore or in transit I'm so cerfull with my kit and very concerned about the durability of this board, has anybody had similar problems with RRD ?
    Have sent photos to shop and we are waiting for a response from RRD .
    There's no impact marks or dings.

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA
    Some older RRD 2009 , had structor problems , in trying to maintain a strong board but using weight savings, subsequent years were fixed. I had a 2009 Twin with never a issue.
    Your board could be a bad example, as in lack of quality control or materials. COULD , being the key word.
    No way a board should be damaged without some impact.
    My advise would be insist on a refund or exchange.

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

Sounds like a catapult. Sometimes you just get unlucky with the way the mast lands on the nose.
    Now back in the UK.

Absolutely no catapult or hard handling on Shaw! If I had gone over the front I would no and except. This is why I'm so confused and concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by numpy View Post
    Absolutely no catapult or hard handling on Shaw! If I had gone over the front I would no and except. This is why I'm so confused and concerned.
    Well, if that is that case you should return the board. Seems like a potential warranty issue to me. I hope, and assume, that your dealer will help you with this. Some boards, irrespective of brand, just happen to have quality issues.
    Rig - Simmer vMax 7.2, Enduro 5.9, Black Tips 5.3 - 3.7, Tricera 5.0, HSM FL 5.7
    Boards - Simmer Hoogal 84 (custom), Simmer Freegal 100, Flikka 95 (proto), and 83 (tweaked Core line), Fanatic Blast 115

Moderates www.surfzone.se, wind and wave community in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by numpy View Post
    Sailed my v3 94 freestyle wave RRD for the first time (brand new) just had 30min on flat water and to my horror we noticed a bad split on the nose. I had not come off or knocked on the shore or in transit I'm so cerfull with my kit and very concerned about the durability of this board, has anybody had similar problems with RRD ?
    Have sent photos to shop and we are waiting for a response from RRD .
    There's no impact marks or dings.
    My RRD FSW LTD is proudly entering is tenth year of operation!

Well duzzi I wish had your board then ! The short time sailing the RRD I loved it and hope RRD can replace.