Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiting ??

Quote Originally Posted by mikerb View Post
    Contrary to your observations the vast majority of people I see kiting do it in flat and very shallow water not waves or shorebreak.
    And where do you do your windsurfing, mikerb?

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA
    The heading says, WINDSURFING . With kiting so popular isn’t their a dedicated forum ?

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

Kiting is a form of windsurfing...so perhaps a dedicated section for the more intelligent ; sociable and understanding amongst us...dont go and get all Basherful on us tho..

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    The heading says, WINDSURFING . With kiting so popular isn’t their a dedicated forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    TOTD I must strongly protest at the terrible language used above surely its there not their??? standards are slipping!
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Quote Originally Posted by Graemef View Post

There's not much on skis you can't do on a snowboard other than that langlauf bollox, (Having skied for 20 years before giving it up for snowboarding)
    Well I totally agree as long as we compare the use of a snowboard with the use of one ski. When you put on two skis at the same time its a game changer and the G force becomes your friend.

Here is the best english skier of the 20 century.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_...gle%22_Edwards

It might still be some progress on skiing to achieve for the UK lads

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fin View Post
    Well I totally agree as long as we compare the use of a snowboard with the use of one ski. When you put on two skis at the same time its a game changer and the G force becomes your friend.

Here is the best english skier of the 20 century.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_...gle%22_Edwards

It might still be some progress on skiing to achieve for the UK lads
    I bow to your superior knowledge...but ( there is always a but isn't there)..
    Skiers never ( now) use soft bindings and always stand ( feetwise) inline to direction of travel ..The mono skiers I,ve seen use hard bindings, with feet aligned in direction of ( presumed) travel and feet almost touching...To my mind that makes the two items as different as chalk and cheese. I can board quite good but dont think the skils I,ve developed boarding wouldn't transfer to a mono ski..
    Yes, somebody at top of their game in either could demonstrate an ability to cope in any conditions...for me in any challenging conditions I,d choose board everytime...( even on ice) its probably wrong word but its easier to get good on a board...skiing requires a lifetimes dedication...I started too late to do that...
    I,d been skiing since 15 or so...at 36 learned to board. Within 3 seasons I was a more competent boarder than I,d ever been a skier. I think that is a fairly general finding..
    Last edited by Alphie; 15th February 2018 at 12:06 AM.