Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sat 24

sat 24

I haven´t been active posting for a long time but i´m back

Tomorrow might be very very epic, if it will be sailable that is. We are planing on sailing a spot right on the sw tip of reykjanes, which is the sw part of iceland.

swell will be very big but the spot handles that very well, wind will be 30knots side off. The only question is if us mortals (the locals) will be up for the task. I´ll keep you posted. attached is the swell chart of the 8m swell approaching and a shot of the spot on a less swelly day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 17.23.39.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	15970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 10.53.03.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	15971  

You make us feel very inadequate Rexi. It's 5 degrees in the uk, which is too cold for some of us. The idea of a massive swell in Iceland in even colder temps makes me want to watch TV*

*I don't have one
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

Rod, no TV no excuse get out thereat least I have the excuse to stay in and watch England get slaughtered by the Scots

well Rod, we were not tough today The swell was very massive and on the meters in reykjanes it was measured up to 15m! the spot that we planned to sail had waves sailable to our standards on the inside but the current was heavy and carrying you straight out to double mast high stuff. -so we bailed.
    But that spot is pretty incredible, it seems to hold the biggest swell and just keeps peeling down the line. It would have been a perfect day for Thomas traversa

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Rexi “the man”, good to see you are back.

Hi Rexi,
    I was visiting Reykjavic this weekend (not for windsurfing butfor the Kex beer festival) and can't believe you were thinking of going out. The gusts must have been over 50mph? Ok Friday was even stronger, it was really hard to walk at times and that wasn't just the beer.

Sea temp off the south coast is now 4.5c, thats as cold as i have ever seen here! Bare foot might be out for a bit
    2017. Wave sessions 19 Bump Jump 14
    2018 Wave sessions 2. V good though