Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Word has it that it's 30 knots all the time or you're not in the game. Don't know how true that really is but it certainly separates them from us normal mortals

In Tenerife with offshore winds at moment so sea fairly flat but wind very gusty. One guy said be maxed at 33 and another was disappointed with 31 max. I was surprised they did not go faster as mere mortals get similar speeds on crappy old boards on open sea in worse conditions. They were not top pros so maybe those guys are way faster
    Boards: F2 Gorilla 76, Tabou Quadster 86, Fanatic Triwave 95, Starboard Kombatwave 96, F2 Stoke 115, JPFreeRace 125, Sails: Gaastra Poison 4.2, North Hero 4.2, North Ice 4.7, Simmer Icon 5.3, Gaastra Cross 6, Ezzy Elite 6.1, Tushingham Storm 6.5, Severne Turbo 7.5

No offence but I think there's a world of difference between 30 knots peak now and then compared with 30 knots all the time.

Latest word from the slalom week is that the foils were as fast as the slalom boards in light winds but not I strong winds. Apparently the foils were on 8.6 and the slaloms were on 9.4.