Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hello Mikerb and thank you for your excellent tips and analysis!

I will follow your suggestions for sure.

Just a question fro the point 3. To increase the front foot pressure, should I set the boom little bit higher, right? I am mt 1,78 tall.

I also have to change my position when riding upwind.

I was used to push on the back foot and tilt the downwind edge... but now I have understand that with the new gear is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by dforce View Post
    Hello Mikerb and thank you for your excellent tips and analysis!

I will follow your suggestions for sure.

Just a question fro the point 3. To increase the front foot pressure, should I set the boom little bit higher, right? I am mt 1,78 tall.

I also have to change my position when riding upwind.

I was used to push on the back foot and tilt the downwind edge... but now I have understand that with the new gear is completely different.
    Not to confuse you but ... I'm not so sure too much back foot pressure is the issue. If you are having problems with spinout then yes, but you were describing your back foot coming out of the strap so to me a different issue. By all means try Mikers suggestions though....

No.... a lower boom setting will put more pressure on your front foot. A higher boom reduces pressure on your front foot ( all other aspects of tuning being constant that is). Don't overdo it though.....very small adjustments can make a huge difference. Overall you should be aiming be sailing the board mainly off the front foot.

To ride upwind firstly turn your head to where you aim to go......wherever you turn your head....and your eyeline....your body will tend to copy. So you will twist at the waist opening your hips. Lean forward on a bent front leg, hang in the harness applying pressure down through the boom and mast to the mast footfoot which in turn acts on the widest section of the board where most of the buoyancy is. Don't oversheet.........find the most efficient sail angle to the wind/apparent wind.