Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Flikka or Witchcraft

Any thoughts or experience anyone? Looking for a compact wave. Thanks.

The Wind Works down in Somerset have some demo quad compacts and thrusters Flikka boards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windworks.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	16071

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA
    Very difficult question , that demands even more questions .
    Is it to be a custom , 1 off entirely or from the models ? Does price enter the equation ?

You may feel a connection with the builder that decides the outcome.
    I would add MOO Custom to your list .

MOO, Flikka, Witchcraft , Brian Cartwright, and Quatro , Open Ocean.

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

Quote Originally Posted by barnes View Post
    Any thoughts or experience anyone? Looking for a compact wave. Thanks.
    I was on the fence for a couple years about getting a Flikka (Witchcraft was never an option) and I finally gave up and got a RRD, mostly because I did not want to go through the possible shipment hassle involved with the U.S.

But I don't see how you can go wrong with Flikka. They look great (a guy around here has a 75 and 85 wave), it is a quite established European builder, Luke is very nice and helpful, they can custom make anything, and unlike your alternative they do not hype their product and speak trash about other builders.

Keep in mind that a lot of the talk that inevitably will spring up below ("this is better than that" etc.) is fairly useless. Nowadays any board you can pick sails pretty great, and construction is top notch anywhere you look. Get a Flikka if you want something special that is not on the market, but the choice is not such a big deal.
    Last edited by duzzi; 3rd April 2018 at 03:31 PM.

S​elf-confessed fanboy of Witchcraft here​ with the whole family on his boards​, so read the below with that in mind.
    ​Why do I like WC?

• No nonsense, no BS approach.
    • No flashy marketing speak or the need to change shapes every calendar year.
    • The most durable production boards available (when looking at HDD construction).
    • Intelligent R&D approach
    • An honest and dedicated shaper/owner who truly believes in what he does and makes
    • With a total urge to make everything (boards, extensions, sails) as strong as possible

​When going the custom route, I think T2D above is right and a kind of connection with the shaper is important.
    ​I recently received a new 95l flextail from Bouke and it feels like all my requirements are indeed translated into the new shape. Totally happy with it.

Can't say much about Flikka, except that they would probably be my second choice if Witchcraft wouldn't be available.
    49 years young @ 85kg.

WitchCraft Wave HDD 83l + K4 Stubby 14cm + K4 Ezzy 2 12cm
    WitchCraft Flextail HDD 95l + WC 15.5cm & 14cm side fins
    RRD COTAN 7'11" Wide Classic
    Witchcraft Slayer & Karma sails and masts from 3.3m to 5.2m - Tecnolimits XTR

Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    Very difficult question , that demands even more questions .
    Is it to be a custom , 1 off entirely or from the models ? Does price enter the equation ?

You may feel a connection with the builder that decides the outcome.
    I would add MOO Custom to your list .

MOO, Flikka, Witchcraft , Brian Cartwright, and Quatro , Open Ocean.
    I have had a Moo and persevered with it for about 2 1/2 years and it didn't work for me.

Hence my post, grateful for all the replies - thanks.

You have set yourself a difficult question. Not owned a flikka or ridden one but certainly saw a lot of them in Cape Town and they look lovely, if that is a measure of how good it will be!!! Have a witchy and its excellent haven't tried the Reaper their compact wave. Also got a Moo which is fab in onshore waves which is what I asked for. Also got a goya custom quad which I am very impressed with having tried them in Baja but it is really a down the line board which we don't get here so often, bought a big one for float and ride at Bigbury where we live. Had a few Witchys over the years and have been impressed with all of them except the Chakra which i didn't think was as freeware as they say. The Shamen is definitely an onshore wave machine and the Wave is down the line as it says. We have a Haka as my high wind wave board and its perfect for that a bit in-between the Shamen and the Wave. Would love to try the Reaper looks good.