Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinJ View Post
    I removed a post from this thread earlier because it was personal, insulting and added nothing to the discussion.

If you think someone has posted something that isn’t true, do what others have done very effectively, call them to account and say why it isn’t true. Resorting to insults gets us nowhere.
    It is only an insult if it's not true like the statements being made about Bouke and Witchcraft as a company these are being made with no evidence to back up these claims and are purely the posters twisted opinion and must surely be liable

I hold the same opinion as Mathew B of the individual concerned !!!

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    PS. It's off-topic, but has anyone seen the WindsurfingUK mag yet in the flesh?

Surprisingly, it's not in my local windsurf shop or in other surf shops in our area, and it's not in our newsagents.
    No you won't find it at newsagents i believe it is only available on subscription either in digital or a print version
    MarkD is a regular contibutor and i believe it is published and edited by tezwoz

Its a good read

Surprisingly, it's not in my local windsurf shop or in other surf shops in our area, and it's not in our newsagents.
    Well you could subscribe if you support magazines. Its only 27.99/year. http://www.windsurfingukmag.co.uk/ho...subscriptions/
    Bouke
    Witchcraft Windsurfing Fuerteventura

Boardwise stock it. I bought a couple at the same time I bought my latest harness, in January. It's a nice glossy mag that meets the same need Boards did. Now sitting next to other mags waiting for me to next take the throne. Classy!

Quote Originally Posted by max111 View Post
    No you won't find it at newsagents i believe it is only available on subscription either in digital or a print version
    MarkD is a regular contibutor and i believe it is published and edited by tezwoz

Its a good read
    Seconded.. they've been coming through my door for a couple of years now.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    I have had my share of Starboard, have 2 still. The Black Box 105 I demoed for a day, it was and remains the worst board ever. It lasted ONE season then replaced, not the first of Starboards creations to go that route.

The best of baseball players dont hit home runs at every bat.
    I think that Bman and steve (NZ) from this forum had blackboxes and were very happy when I asked

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    I think that Bman and steve (NZ) from this forum had blackboxes and were very happy when I asked
    Sorry Navegante, never had the black box, or even tried it. I know it was the brain child of Danny Bruch for light wind, slow waves conditions.

The same Danny Bruch btw who started his windsurf career with the support from Witchcraft and who (oh no, another shed builder!) just has launched his own brand of Diamond windsurf boards. Probably because he made so much money as a top 10 PWA windsurfer (not).

I'm sorry to disappoint you Basher, but there are really very few pro's who get enough support from their windsurf sponsors to make a decent living from it. I remember the Moreno twins telling everyone for years how ridiculous it was the amount of money they earned from their windsurf sponsors, having at that time more then 20 world titles between them. And I think they're sponsored by your beloved brand....
    Another top 10 PWA windsurferster is still sailing a second hand, 7 year old custom from another brand, which is re-stickered by her board sponsor (one of the 3 biggest board brands). She makes more money from her Instagram posts than from her windsurfing. Welcome to the 21st century Basher, where direct sales ruins the retail chain and land lines almost don't exit anymore

I don't mind much that there is not much serious money in windsurfing, as it keeps the sport sane and guarantees that everyone you see in the PWA and IWT does it because he really wants & loves it, regardless of the money. Quite different from the football fields where everyone thinks and hopes his son is the next Messi.
    49 years young @ 85kg.

WitchCraft Wave HDD 83l + K4 Stubby 14cm + K4 Ezzy 2 12cm
    WitchCraft Flextail HDD 95l + WC 15.5cm & 14cm side fins
    RRD COTAN 7'11" Wide Classic
    Witchcraft Slayer & Karma sails and masts from 3.3m to 5.2m - Tecnolimits XTR