Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by bman18 View Post
    Sorry Navegante, never had the black box, or even tried it. I know it was the brain child of Danny Bruch for light wind, slow waves conditions.

The same Danny Bruch btw who started his windsurf career with the support from Witchcraft and who (oh no, another shed builder!) just has launched his own brand of Diamond windsurf boards. Probably because he made so much money as a top 10 PWA windsurfer (not).

I'm sorry to disappoint you Basher, but there are really very few pro's who get enough support from their windsurf sponsors to make a decent living from it. I remember the Moreno twins telling everyone for years how ridiculous it was the amount of money they earned from their windsurf sponsors, having at that time more then 20 world titles between them. And I think they're sponsored by your beloved brand....
    Another top 10 PWA windsurferster is still sailing a second hand, 7 year old custom from another brand, which is re-stickered by her board sponsor (one of the 3 biggest board brands). She makes more money from her Instagram posts than from her windsurfing. Welcome to the 21st century Basher, where direct sales ruins the retail chain and land lines almost don't exit anymore

I don't mind much that there is not much serious money in windsurfing, as it keeps the sport sane and guarantees that everyone you see in the PWA and IWT does it because he really wants & loves it, regardless of the money. Quite different from the football fields where everyone thinks and hopes his son is the next Messi.
    ok sorry, I can't remember then whom he was.
    Last edited by Navegante; 12th April 2018 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bman18 View Post

I'm sorry to disappoint you Basher, but there are really very few pro's who get enough support from their windsurf sponsors to make a decent living from it. I remember the Moreno twins telling everyone for years how ridiculous it was the amount of money they earned from their windsurf sponsors, having at that time more then 20 world titles between them.......

I think you're actually making the same point that I was making. Carry on.
    Now back in the UK.

Times change! This antagonism with small businesses in the industry goes back a long way. I remember gun sails getting a rough ride in the 90's due to their direct approach yet they are still going where the big names like F2 and Mistral from the same era are gone. It wouldn't surprise me if the shed based direct suppliers take over in the next 20 years. As long as I can get decent and affordable gear I don't really care to much (although I do acknowledge the investment the big players make in the sport and the wider benefit that has).

ps we are in the middle of refurbish a Victorian house, my wife wants a dinning room! Who has a dinning room anymore.

BTB..she's right!!

The days of cooking your fish in the sitting/dining room are long gone (like decking)

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA
    Quote Originally Posted by barnes View Post
    Any thoughts or experience anyone? Looking for a compact wave. Thanks.
    Down right amazing to review this threads direction from a simple experience request on Flikka or Witchy

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    Down right amazing to review this threads direction from a simple experience request on Flikka or Witchy
    the confusion started at post #9