Error 404 | Boards | The UK's No.1 Windsurfing Magazine

Sorry...

Page Not Found

Please check to make sure the URL is correct, or contact us at support@boards.co.uk to let us know your issue, and we'll do our best to help.

Thursday 5th April

After a mad cross off DTL session at Marazion lasts evening which only lasted a half hour, forecast was looking interesting for Cornwall today - SSE wind c20 knots and still a SW long period swell.

Surfed Porthmeor in the morning as tide dropped, mooched around st ives over lunchtime as wind built and headed over to Gwithian around 3.
    i expected swell to be too small and wind to be too light / offshore, but the bright sunlight made it look great and some young chap was already out ripping on a quad and 4.5.

Decided to give it a go, not fancying the alternate option of cross on marginal Marazion with a big swell.
    Took the Nuevo 101 and 5.2 S1 which proved just right.
    Hard to catch the waves at first in the very light and offshore wind, but the waves were fun when you caught one.

Tide pushed in and wind picked up so headed down to Godrevy to get the best of both. I usually avoid there as heavier waves and surfers , but this was too epic to miss.
    Tapping into stunning A frame turquoise walls, lit up from behind by the sun that walled up forever was truly stunning.

3 hours of that and I was knackered.
    Similar forecast for tomorrow morning, but high tide may get in the way.

How do you rate the nuevo in good waves? I have seen one at a good price.
    cheers JT
    2017. Wave sessions 19 Bump Jump 14
    2018 Wave sessions 2. V good though

The thing that stood out here was it is probably the first time in over a month that the wind forecast was right, in that it said light wind & we got them. The forcasts have been 200-300% more than the wind we've been getting.

Compton may happen tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie.T View Post
    How do you rate the nuevo in good waves? I have seen one at a good price.
    cheers JT
    I bought one as my side shore float boat.
    Frankly, it planes like a dog, never really releasing and flying along.
    You can add more power, so the 5.6 Freek often works better than the 5.2 S1, but it’s only marginal and I don’t expect to plane in less than 20 knots.
    So for cross on conditions, there are much better boards in marginal conditions.

In cross or or cross off conditions, on good ground swell, the board comes alive, easily the most “surfy” board I’ve ever used and I absolutely love it.
    The extra volume is massively helpful when wafting out and easily supports my less athletic 80kg.

The smaller sizes, for use in stronger winds, might be more comfortable in churned up conditions, but I haven’t tried them.

In short, it’s exactly as the marketing blurb and tests stated.