Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by boards_ronnie View Post
    Yes, but everything has to be tweaked to the compromise that best suits. Rails more like the Horue Tiny, or a kite Race board converted for windfoiling, would suit windsurfing better, and with a longer vertical strut for windfoiling, the rails are less likely to contact the water when carving on the foil.
    I don't believe there is a universal shape.
    In that sense if you want it to be good at windsurfing a slalom board foil enabled is the way.

Stubby windfoil / windsurfer , no forget it. You'd need a fin as deep as the foil mast almost!

foil/ SUP , could be ok

foil/sup/windfoil to windsurf, no, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    I don't believe there is a universal shape.
    In that sense if you want it to be good at windsurfing a slalom board foil enabled is the way.

Stubby windfoil / windsurfer , no forget it. You'd need a fin as deep as the foil mast almost!

foil/ SUP , could be ok

foil/sup/windfoil to windsurf, no, not at all.
    This is the first iteration, of a board that does do all 4. Yes it's a compromise and not great at any one thing, but I think it's a good first try.

Last edited by boards_ronnie; 7th April 2018 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boards_ronnie View Post
    A small Hypernut with an IWA foil. If there was a sideshore wind, a sail could do the work of the paddle.

Its tiring just watching that!

Quote Originally Posted by BottomTurnBob View Post
    Its tiring just watching that!
    I agree! being able to use a sail would be a nice option (if available).

There is also a new type of foil about to become available which is claimed to have more of a surf feel to it than the traditional foil - a canard SUP foil, where both wings lift and can therefore have smaller wings.

Back on topic however.
    How many SUPs are around compared with previous years?

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    It is difficult to assess, but

It may have peaked at spots where we as windsurfers ride and some switch to SUP for windless days (many may have discovered that it did not provide the level of excitement expected and on windless days now do something else)

Here in the Mediterranean, France, Italy on any given windless days you don't see them as one did a couple of years ago.

All that said, I believe that the expanding ripples' like a stone thrown in the pond, are moving away from our area to places where you did not use to see them.
    Areas with marginal waves and windless conditions, because it is an affordable alternative. I have noticed this in a recent over a month long trip in South America where this year in those spots has been an explosion of SUP or pseudo-SUP boards used for SUPing in small waves and flat seas.

It specially seemed there were many women of various ages trying it.

So who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by richarli View Post
    Back on topic however.
    How many SUPs are around compared with previous years?
    Here is a 2017 overview. A previous report said that good weather in the summer of 2015 caused a surge in sales and 2016, being a poor weather year was not as busy.
    http://www.boardsportsource.com/tren...-trend-report/

Where I live SUP numbers are small, but increasing. Mostly sales of boards here are for cruising around on a nice day - mostly winds here are offshore and locally we only get wind driven waves. About 50/50 % of men and women on SUPs.
    Last edited by boards_ronnie; 8th April 2018 at 10:19 AM.